Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a VP, Mergers and Acquisitions!
The VP plays a key role in the corporate development team as he / she leads & leads all M&A projects and prospects including all phases of a M&A transaction including origination, early analysis/screening, structuring, diligence, negotiation , and closing while continuing to be a guide and touch point during integration. Provides expertise to identify & review corporate opportunities aligned with inorganic growth strategy. Drives all aspects of strategic acquisitions & divestitures; harvesting external and internal relationships, proactively identifying prospects, creating relationships with banks and otherfinancial institutions and/or target companies. Develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to determine alignment on and feasibility of a deal, vetting the structure according to financial targets for profitable growth. Key point person to meet with banks & external advisors on a global basis. Responsible for ensuring proposed deals & structure align with AIZ model & strategic direction and financial assumptions. Drives development and execution of negotiating strategy with I-Banks and other stakeholders, leading the process and coordinating with other teams as appropriate. Oversees work streams and virtual teams on each deal. Identifies, develops & streamlines repeatable processes for successful deal diligence & integration, Present to Senior Management and / Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will be a relationship builder and influencer internally and externally, will provide leadership in the sourcing and execution of opportunities and will engage with, monitor and report on post-close performance. Candidate will work closely with deal team members and manage the deal team. Ability to work with Assurant management team and deal team members regardless of level is critical to success.
- Lead all aspects of deal process from start to finish
- Lead & direct team for due diligence including liaison with business units and enterprise functions
- Identify deal prospects & targets
- Oversee and review financial modeling for strategic alignment
- Negotiate with key stakeholders on behalf of AIZ
- Lead internal alignment and issue resolution on a transaction
- Manage subject matter experts (legal, finance, tax etc) in preparation for closing
- Lead post-closing activity for Assurant
- Lead deal teams
- Will manage specialized M&A junior team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 12years M&A experience including leading all aspects of M&A transactions
- Highly motivated
- Strong Financial and Analytical skills
- Team player
- Advanced degree, i.e. MBA
- 12-20+ years’ experience in acquisition & divestitures and other complex transactions.
- Strong leadership, financial, analytical, communication, relationship building, coordination and organizational skills, particularly associated with administering and directing activity under complex M&A agreements; strong knowledge of the company and the business activities undertaken; financial modeling skills; ; able to function virtually & across multi locations & geographies; excellent execution skills & ability to multi task & prioritize
- Highly motivated and performance driven
- Strong ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to drive multiple priorities
- Proactive and collaborative
- Good knowledge of Assurant’s industries / products