Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
Posted 39 days ago
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will bepart of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you'll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for leading and providing comprehensive financial analysis and support to a variety of business functions which include Mergers & Acquisitions, Treasury, Strategic Planning, Asset Optimization, Group & Regional Operations and Executive Management (CEO &CFO) that is consistentwith the overall strategic growth of the company in a manner that is aligned with creating value for shareholders.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Communicate the company's performance, vision and direction to investment and corporate bank relationships in a manner consistent with the company's policies and procedures.
2. Lead and maintain corporate strategic planning efforts to support the company's strategic plan, with a focus toward improving the company's business portfolio.
3. Collaborate with management, internal resources, and external advisors to ensure the company takes advantage of merger, acquisitions, divestiture opportunities, and strategic investment partnerships.
4. Identify, prioritize and evaluate M&A opportunities, potential investments and strategic partnerships toensure alignment with the strategic objectives of the company.
5. Maintain an active dialogue with the investment banking community to ensure the company's reputation and profile are understood, and all avenues are available to facilitate high quality deal opportunities.
6. Manage, negotiate and close M&A transactions, achieving optimum structure, terms and conditions for each transaction that meet the strategic and financial objectives of the company.
7. Direct due diligence, deal structuring and post-closing integration to ensure company maximizes the strategic and financial benefits of the acquisition with minimal loss of productivity and performance.
8. Lead and direct the financial planning processes, including forecasting, budgeting, and operational planning, to facilitate effective strategic planning and decision-making and to ensure the company is achieving its financial and strategic goals
9. Oversee the development of financial analysis and analytical reports for Senior Management, Operational Management and the Board of Directors, to enhance decision making and to provide management insight on developing financial trends
10. Direct the development and administration of the company's planning system (Hyperion Planning) todrive enhancements that maximize its usefulness as a management tool.
11. Provide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for reporting and forecast modeling which are user-friendly and based on relevant value drivers.
12. Collaborate with operating group, regional, and corporate management to facilitate alignment with the strategic plan and operating plans
13. Support planning stakeholders by providing guidance and information to assist in meeting budgets, providing quality forecasts and understanding actual results.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or another related field of study is required
• MBA, CFA and/or CPA preferred
• 15+ years' experience in senior corporate finance, strategic planning, management consulting or FP&A field.
• Extensive knowledge of investment banking, capital markets and financial instruments.
• Knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements for financial transactions.
• Knowledge of the construction industry.
• Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring staff and teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Professional, Hyperion Planning, JD Edwards).
• Strong understanding of database applications and business intelligence applications
• Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
• Skilled in preparing proposals, presenting and interfacing with to Senior Management, Board of Directors and senior leaders.
• Flexible and adaptable in responding to a quickly changing business environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in clearly articulating complex financial transactions and issues.
• Experienced in building effective working relationships across all levels.
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities and ability to develop pragmatic solutions to complex financial transactions.
• Proactive in identifying opportunities for process improvement, risk mitigation and improved financial performance.
• Sound decision making ability with the experience to balance consensus against authority as appropriate
• Team player, with strong leadership skills, who can operate effectively within a matrix management environment
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Company's Code of Conduct
• Valid driver's license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
• Occasional travel, some overnight, as required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities requiredby this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.