This leader will serve a critical role building and advancing a world-class strategic marketing communications program to achieve corporate objectives through establishment of best practices, development of processes and an unwavering commitment to quality. The incumbent will provide expertise and bring innovative approaches to define, drive and evaluate the success of external and internal communications, including public relations, media relations and social media. This leader will drive how to best message and reach our external and internal stakeholders, including employees, credit unions, the media and the financial services industry to promote our brand, grow thought leadership positioning and build the reputation of the company.
- Responsible for developing, launching and leading all aspects of a multi-faceted communications strategy to include public relations activities, media relations, thought leadership and the PSCU speakers’ bureau.
- Build the reputation of the company, its leadership spokespersons and the solutions it offers within the industry by promoting the PSCU brand and advancing a positive brand sentiment.
- Develop and execute a public relations strategy that cultivates strong relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for growing the thought leadership position of the company and its solutions in the payments industry.
- Lead and develop the company’s social media strategy, leveraging existing and new channels to further PSCU as an industry thought leader.
- Ensure that the company’s strategic messaging platform is inculcated into all external and internal communications strategies and executions.
- Develop ideas and opportunities for press releases, feature articles, solution launches, success stories, case studies, personnel announcements interviews and other public relations activities that promote awareness of and positive image for the company and its solutions.
- Build and execute an efficient and effective communications strategy for delivering key solution information and updates to PSCU’s credit union member-owners.
- Plan and implement a top quality internal communication strategies, partnering cross-functionally to ensure key messages are consistent and employees are informed on issues that affect company culture and performance delivery.
- Support the development of communication plans for executive level / C-Suite, including presentations for the executive team for internal and external forums, ensuring alignment with overall organizational messaging.
- Seek and implement creative new delivery methods for communicating key messages to both external and internal audiences, including digital, video and social; lead the management and execution of the company’s intranet communications portal.
- Identify and execute short- and long-term communications strategies and tactics to support the company in achieving profits, growth or other goals of the organization.
- Travel as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Provide direction and leadership to staff; guide and coach staff in completion of responsibilities and ensure accountability for performance.
- Execute interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, counseling and termination of staff as required.
- Promote a collaborative and high performance team focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related degree. Master’s degreepreferred.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in Marketing and Communications disciplines required showing progressive responsibility and a minimum of ten (10) years in a senior level position.
- At least ten (10) years of experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, performance managing and directing people.
- Project management capability with experience successfully designing and managing a number of deliverables and complex projects at the same time with strict deadlines.
- Experience working for a financial technology or financial services industry and public relations firm desired.
- Working knowledge within B2B and B2B2C business models to promote and communicate PSCU products, services and solutions.
- Demonstrated experience developing comprehensive strategic communications programs, successful multi-channel integrated communications campaigns leveraging digital marketing techniques and social media.