POS ITION OVER V IEW
Zelis is pursuing an aggressive organic and non-organic growth strategy focused on providing superior healthcare claim lifecycle solutions to payors, providers and individuals from pre-payment through payment. As the company executes its growth strategy, Zelis is seeking to identify an exceptional Vice President, Controller. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and working closely with the executive leadership team, the new VP will be responsible for designing and building a best-in-class enterprise Controller function that will enable and support the company's growth and value creation objectives. This position is responsible for all of the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financialreports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The Vice President, Controller will be responsible assisting with day-to-day operations and works closely with the Divisional CFO’s and the VP, FP&A to ensure the accuracy, integrity and timely reporting of the financial data for all of the company’s internal and external requirements.
· Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements, in compliance with GAAP
· Ensure US statutory requirements for financial statements are met
· Ensure an appropriate controls environment is in place to safeguard the assets of company and facilitate accurate financial books and records. In particular, ensure processes and controls are documented and designed to meet the needs of a growing business
· Oversee Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Capital Expense functions
· Focus on continuous improvement including leveraging IT capabilities to streamline controls and processes. This includes accelerating the monthly process, refining the cash application and payments areas and striving to deliver greater automation
· Provide Technical Accounting guidance to the team and ensure compliance to latest pronouncements
· Ensure appropriate Accounting and Financial Policies are in place and maintain a Policies Manual to facilitate financial governance across the business
· Oversee, with HR, the compensation plans for the company
· Work alongside other key finance stakeholders (FP&A, Divisional CFO’s, etc.) to create dashboards and departmental KPIs that will support the business to deliver to targets
· Lead target setting, reporting and effective management of working capital and cash flow
· Manage external audit for entities as well for 401K purposes
· Own relationship with external auditors, tax advisors and other third parties providing financial advice
· Partner with CFO to ensure optimal tax structures, planning and decision making
· Oversee preparation, filing and audits of U.S. tax returns to cover federal, state, local, property, excise, sales and use taxes
· Ensure review of and compliance with transfer pricing
· Lead cash management including cash strategies, derivatives (foreign exchange and interest rates) and investments
· Assess and implement single banking platform
· Ensure the capital structure is optimized
· Responsible for bank relationships and covenant reporting
Provides leadership and direction on other key Finance/Accounting Projects and Ad Hoc needs as requested by organizational and divisional leadership.
The Vice President, Controller will be a proven Accounting leader with a demonstrated track record of success and at least 10+ years of broad-based, progressive experience. The successful candidate will have successfully managed and led controllership functions that proactively support the growth of a company.
He/she will have a strong executive presence and be comfortable and credible interfacing within executive leadership, the board of directors, and private-equityinvestors. One must be operationally-oriented with a keen focus on process, metrics, and results. He/she will have thorough experience building and/or operating a best-in-class Controller function. He/she will be inquisitive and innovative in his/her approach to inorganic growth, mergers and acquisitions, function enablement and support for high growth and value creation. He/she will be highly motivated, self-directed and have the ability and desire to have real impact on an organization.
Prior experience working within an entrepreneurial, fast growth company is a distinct plus. While not required, previous experience working within a software technology, technology enabled services, or healthcare company is preferred.
He/she will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short time-frame. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to directly impact a growing business. Must have the desire and demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.