The VP, Controller reports to the CFO. Plan and manage monthly financial closing process and prepare internal and external financial reporting. Establish internal controls, policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and safeguard the company’s assets. Establish and maintain good communication with other departments, company management and related parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for financial reporting, plan and manage monthly closing process, review and analyzes financial statements.
- Develop and provide various financial reports and analysis to company management and department managers
- Coordinate and complete various external surveys and financial information inquiries
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure daily accounting transactions are adhered to the policies and standards.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to accounting personnel and assist other departments as needed
- Coordinate with parent company and other NFP firms to accomplish inter-company transactions
- Monitor the internal control structure, and insure accounting processes, activities and controls meet and conform to Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory requirements.
- Assist CFO, participate in and lead special projects, resolve issues related to Accounting as they arise
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and be able to adapt to/understand various accounting and reporting systems
- Excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills are a must
- Must be able to manage projects efficiently and effectively, as well as meet set deadlines
- Needs to be very detail oriented and handle multi-tasks at a fast pace
Education and/or Experience:
- BBA with a major in Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years Accounting experience required, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Big 5 Public Accounting exposure and/or experience in audit or consulting preferred