$200K — $250K *
VP, Content Sales and Distribution, King Features
King Features is seeking a transformational VP, Content Sales and Distribution, who will be responsible for the growth of the overall revenue and profitability of the comics/columns/puzzle distribution business, oversight of production/pagination process and the development of a B2B digital distribution platform. The VP of Content Sales for King Features will join an entrepreneurial team that is building a B2B commerce platform that will enable a broad base of content publishers from Facebook to local newspapers to access content that drives reader/user engagement. King Features has a portfolio of world-class pop culture brand franchises targeting a variety of fanbases and audience segments. Our mission is to help our creative contributors build a following for these IP franchises including Popeye, Hagar, Beetle Bailey, Zits, The Phantom, Flash Gordon and Cuphead as well as other emerging properties.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
· Revenue: Deliver growth in revenue and increases in EBITDA by expanding sales relationships to drive the company’s success in B2B distribution in digital and print activities.
· Product & Marketing: Drive distribution strategy, contribute to discussion of product mix and editorial curation to continually improve the client and user experience.
· Sales Management: Oversee field sales team and Salesforce reporting
· Sales Data Reporting: Establish goals/KPIs and a measurement plan to optimize group deal negotiations. Provide analysis, ROI and insights for all channels/tactics. Work closely with finance and business intelligence group to analyze effectiveness, track budget and provide accurate forecasts.
· Analytics: Thorough analysis of the company’s historical client/customer data, provide insights to about the state of the print and digital business, key trends and insights required to increase revenue, and drive deeper engagement.
· Gap/Competitive Analysis: Assess print and potential digital customer needs and gaps, create competitive assessments, synthesize external inputs and the development of company specific implications with recommended approaches.
· Identify key metrics and establish dashboards to report recurring revenue, and activation programs.
· Streamline production workflows and pagination processes, leveraging new technology available through Adobe
· Work directly with distribution partners and clients to satisfy delivery obligations and execute changes to our digital footprint in a dynamic environment.
· Assist in the creation of marketing materials including client presentations
· Oversee execution of B2B platform and improve content automation, discovery and cross-asset recommendations
· Support partnerships post sale and oversee customer success process.
· Broaden customer base beyond existing network of content providers through direct sales and ecommerce.
· Prioritize workload and track partnerships, manage timelines, workflow and report on team progress
· Coach, mentor and develop direct reports while serving as a leader across the entire team
· Develop ongoing relationships with the cartoonists and contributor talent.
Requirements of the Role:
· Experience in digital and print content sales and distribution
· Business development expertise
· Demonstrated sales and revenue achievement
· Exceptional communication, presentation and relationship management skills - deep cross-functional collaboration is required
· Proactive, energetic self-starter who thrives on getting things done in a fast-paced environment
· Strong understanding of the role digital plays in an evolving print-based landscape in content, branding, media, social, promotions, research, product, and customer engagement
· Strong analytical skills with proven data driven experience.
· Demonstrated ability in developing teams, promoting teamwork both within area of direct responsibility and across groups
· 5+ years experience at a publisher, media company or sales organization where responsible for partnership development, presentation and execution
· Highly organized, solutions-oriented, self-motivated worker with a track record of delivering on sales goals
· Experience with developing and managing internal/external client relationships and must be dedicated to providing top-notch client service
· Time-management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with clear attention to detail within a fast-paced, high-volume environment
· Creative thought leader with a proven track record of inspiring and generating best-in-class innovative ideas
· New York Metro area a plus
· Must be willing to travel post pandemic
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required,
MBA a plus
5-10+ years prior experience in a senior sales management role, preferably in content distribution
Valid through: 3/8/2021