- Independently lead research and analysis on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Envision, create and execute consumer learning priorities to address dynamic needs of the brand and key categories
- Design, manage and execute consumer research projects (both with and without 3rd party research partners) using a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Experience utilizing media models to gain insights into consumer purchase behavior and return on investment of key marketing campaigns
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights in customer data
- Determine the right set of statistical techniques to use for a given problem, (e.g., Purchase behaviors, Propensity to buy, ‘Look alike’ modeling, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of turning data into meaningful and actionable business insights
- Employ innovative new methods and approaches to uncover rich consumer insights; use insights to develop strategic approaches to engage target customers in the brand and category.
- Leverage internal and external resources to provide the global brand team, key categories and regions with a view of trends (cultural, category, fashion, etc.) and the future that will help enable the development of differentiated customer solutions
Team Management & Activation:
- Instill “customer led” strategic approach within the brand, category and innovation teams – helping them design a future that expands our reach and driving brand values and product innovation.
- A Big Thinker and a driver of Big Ideas: identify and execute research that elevates Under Armour’s pioneering positioning and products.
- Hire and develop top quality consumer research talent, first in NA and long term globally
- Generate high-quality, actionable insights to inform innovation opportunities throughout the product and innovation cycle
- Lead the development of advanced analytical techniques (on a mix of transactional, demographic, web analytics, and psychographic data) to drive user awareness, engagement, retention and predictive monetization
- Design, lead and support innovative ideation sessions to generate breakthrough thinking
- Deliver compelling presentations with Business Partners/Senior Stakeholders driving clear understanding, empathy and accountability
- Champion and reinforce the value of research design thinking within the team and broader organization
- Manage Consumer Insights budgets and priorities; manage selection and day to day interaction with 3rd party agencies and recognized consumer research thought leaders.
- Organize, galvanize and facilitate cross-functional teams around consumer research, as well as big challenges/ideas
- Drive deep understanding ofchannel segmentation within the organization, and identify consumer insights action plan to engagechannelbuyers.
Opportunity identification and framing:
- Define, prioritize and shape consumer needs-based commercially viable opportunities in the sports performance apparel, footwear and connected fitness space
- Proven record of delivering consumer-led business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in bringing the consumer to all phases of Innovation and new product research and development throughout the entire development cycle: opportunity identification, ideation, concept and product development, product optimization, validation/testing, and commercialization
- A combination of strategic, intuitive and quantitative skills – a puzzle solver, who enjoys spending time with consumers, listening to them, seeing the world thru their eyes, creatively sharing their stories and linking all of that back to the business in a way has direct impact on business decision
- Experienced research moderator in all types of qualitative approaches
- Proven track record of delivering on business objectives – from structuring work, people and interdependences; prioritizing; executing under tight timeframes and presenting and influencing outcomes based on learnings
- Ability and willingness to speak up and defend the consumer POV while successfully building productive working relationships with cross functional teams
- A natural curiosity -- always asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea
- Has a record of success in a fast-paced, high velocity environment; has shown they can operate in a consumer landscape that never sits still.
- 12 – 15+ years of innovation insights, market research, consumer insights, future trends, or related field for consumer facing companies
- Proven skills in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and data analysis
- Experience developing and analyzing media models, either in-house or in partnership with third parties.
- Experience leveraging advanced analytical techniques to build practical, data-driven programs for improving business KPIs
- Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Market Research, Mathematics, Decision Science, Data Science, Econometrics, or related fields, Advanced Degree a plus
- Proficient in mining data from multiple sources: large consumer data sets, behavioral data, social sentiment, and primary and secondary research
- This position is based in Baltimore, MD and requires some domestic and international travel.