At Casey's, our purpose is to make life better for our guests and communities every day. Since our founding in 1959, we have grown to become one of the largest convenience store retailers and pizza chains in the United States. We provide freshly prepared foods, quality fuel, and friendly service to the communities where we operate. We deliver a work environment where team members are treated with respect, dignity and honesty. As the VP, Construction, Maintenance, and Facilities, you will play a vital role in achieving our purpose.
We're seeking a Vice President of Construction, Maintenance, and Facilities to lead and develop our store support teams. You'll be responsible for new store construction as well as replacing and remodeling existing and acquired stores across our sixteen state footprint. You'll have oversight of the service maintenance of all stores, purchasing of new store equipment, store design, and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the maintenance management process to control resources and services to our stores and ensure team member and guest expectations are met.
- Managing construction of all new store locations, major remodeling of existing stores, and other large construction projects.
- Reviewing construction operations to identify cost-efficient methods and procedures.
- Managing fiscal year budget and oversee all purchases of materials used in the construction and maintenance of stores.
- Supervising the design of stores including recommendations for new equipment for store operations.
- Serving as the subject matter expert on store energy efficiency and providing recommendations and guidance on sustainability initiatives.
- Leading and developing the store support (including Construction, HVAC, EPA, Facilities, and Maintenance) teams.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience in a directly related role.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Engineering preferred.
- Solid understanding of principles and techniques of organization administration, general construction, and mechanical engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods, and practices in building construction and repair, including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.
- Building trade standards, terminology, and construction methods.
- Residence in the Des Moines, IA area or ability to relocate.