In this role, the VP Compliance and Privacy Officer will partner with our VillageMD[insert key stakeholder] to provide [list high-level key accountability of role and business impact].
Could this be you?
In this role, you will lead, oversee, and structure all aspects of VMD’s compliance program. This position will report to our General Counsel and work collaboratively as a member of the enterprise risk management department at VillageMD.
How you can make a difference:
Finding innovative ways to provide the VillageMD workforce with the information they need to maintain regulatory compliance by:
- Facilitating corporate compliance training programs for the workforce including role-based training for key positions
- Finding innovative ways to disseminating information to and educating of VillageMD employees regarding a broad spectrum of compliance related topics.
- Collaborate with the legal department, risk management department on regulatory and risk issues as they arise. Maintaining a current working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and policies as they affect VillageMD.
- Monitoring and communicating about actual, proposed, or pending legislation and regulations that affect operation, and working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify and implement solutions.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on compliance-related matters as necessary and appropriate.
Maintaining the effectiveness of the Corporate Compliance Program by:
- Leading all aspects of the compliance program including committees and work groups, training, policies, and procedures, responding to events, monitoring, and auditing Creation/revision of applicable VillageMD compliance and privacy policies.
- Measurement of compliance by conducting routine and/or focused internal audits of policy/procedure adherence as well as coordinating audits generated by external sources.
- Tracking all issues reported to the compliance program using matter management software and using data analytics and data visualization to identify performance on key compliance risk areas.
- Devising reports to various audiences including the board, leadership, and the workforce to update and publicize compliance initiatives.
- Annually performing a risk assessment and program assessment of the compliance program, developing an annual compliance program plan, and developing reports to the organization about progress against the plan
- Partnering with the VillageMD security officer on privacy and security related initiatives
- Supporting information governance initiatives across the enterprise
- Investigating events as reported and reporting outcomes and recommendation.
Skills for success
- A bias for implementation of proactive solutions and to avoid or prevent problems from developing.
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative with minimal direction.
- A willingness to innovate and find new ways to deliver compliance information and solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex information in concise and actionable formats.
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Ability and willingness to drive collaboration across the team and a commitment to transparency on open matters, next steps, and performance measurement.
- High emotional intelligence including the ability to develop substantial relationships and successfully navigate diverse partner groups.
- Shown experience performing under pressure in an extremely fast-paced and constantly evolving environment with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do.
Experience to drive change
- 10+ years of progressive experience required in health care compliance.
- JD is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in health care compliance requirements (HIPAA, Billing Compliance, Medicare Advantage and Delegated Credentialing, Physician compensation (Stark Law, Anti-back Statutes) and other health care related compliance requirements
- Practical experienced implementing solutions and best practices to facilitate compliance
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, communicate and work effectively with senior leadership and a broad cross section of the workforce including management/leadership from a broad range of functional areas.