$250K - $500K(Ladders Estimates)
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We're looking for a Vice President of Compensation and Benefits. Reporting to the SVP, Head of People, this person will take the lead to further establish our compensation and benefits strategy globally, and manage our benchmarking processes and compensation planning cycles. This is a "hands-on" role. You will be asked to both think strategically regarding vision and design of programs -- and also perform analysis and ensure compensation processes and other programs run smoothly.
You will be based in our New York City HQ. At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing work with fun. We offer great compensation package and benefits, AND a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks, drinks, special events to no work on your birthday!
● Lead overall compensation and benefits planning for BuzzFeed from strategy to execution
● Provide insight and leadership to team members and executives to help shape the way we think about attracting and retaining talent at BuzzFeed.
● Create employee benefits and compensation programs that meet the needs of our functions, business areas, and growth
● Lead and develop a team of benefits and compensation experts
● Lead benchmarking, survey analysis, and analytics to improve understanding of our competitivenessglobally with a view toward evolving our compensation and benefits programs over time
● Manage and update as needed, our global compensation programs including cash, incentives, sales commission, equity and recognition
● Provide expertise and interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate Recruiters, HR Business Partners, managers and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations.
● Lead the design, annual planning and implementation of our global benefit programs, including health and welfare, 401(k)/retirement, voluntary benefits and wellness programs
● Establish standard policies for administration and communication of all benefit programs and work with People Operations to maintain and execute
● 10+ years of work experience in total reward with a focus on compensation analysis, preferably with some experience in-house at a pre-IPO company; some experience with employee benefits and wellbeing program strategy, planning and implementation
● Prior management experience; you enjoy managing and developing your team
● BA/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature, or related experience.
● Very strong Excel skills, including ability to develop complex models.
● Experience communicating with diverse teams, including translating quantitative insights to non-quantitative audiences.
● International experience is a plus particularly in respect to UK, Germany, India, Mexico, Canada and Brazil
● Experience with Workday preferred
● Ability to understand and express complex subjects as concise ideas and share them through audience appropriate collateral
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
Valid Through: 2019-10-14