At Match, millions of members use our products every month and our customers go on tens of thousands of dates every single day. Our reach and impact are staggering. We believe that no business brings more happiness to more people than ours; we can never forget the impact we have on society and most importantly, our community members.
As the Vice President, Community, you will set the overall strategy direction and lead the teams responsible for representing the “voice of the customer” for our Match and Match Affinity Brands. You will be responsible for global operational excellence and lead customer experience initiatives and most importantly, you will champion for our users and make sure their experience is world-class. You will partner with senior leadership to implement change initiatives across the organization, align priorities with corporate strategy, implement consistent and sustainable processes across the various departments, and drive strategic milestones.
- Continue leading and evolving a customer experience for of a premium, world-class brand
- Proven ability to set up an organization that can move beyond transactional customer interactions and embraces a "customer-first" culture
- Partner with senior leadership to continuously enhance and innovate the customer experience in measurable terms based on customer contacts and feedback
- Deliver member feedback to ensure end to end awareness among cross-functional teams; collaborate with internal and external partners to identify opportunities.
- Manage and continuously evaluate outsourced partner relationships, operational processes, measured outcomes, identify opportunities; and promote a customer-focused environment.
- Guide process improvements for both internal and outsourced partners in training and quality areas; emphasize agent retention; monitor progress against metrics; and ensure strategic goals are met.
- Drive all key metrics including CSAT (Customer Satisfaction), DSAT (Customer Dissatisfaction), AHT (Average Handle Time) and Quality.
- Provide strategic direction, partner with, and gain consensus from relevant stakeholders, including the CEO, on key issues and initiatives and drive a vision focused on quality, delivery, sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Manage third-party vendors and as appropriate, lead the selection of new vendors (negotiate, review, and approve partner contracts). Develop and monitor their performance, accuracy and quality of their work.
- Forecast and budget ownership of the Community Operations organization
- Demonstrate a strong passion for developing people and leadership development and coaching
- Lead and develop a large team of customer agents and operations staff
Experience and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required—MBApreferred
- 15+ yrs of customer success experience preferably at a VP level (with minimum 8+ yrs experience leading and managing teams)
- Demonstrate a true passion for a world-class customer experience. They should possess a track record of leveraging insight and data analysis to determine the best ways to exceed member needs.
- Strong demonstrated track record of developing and implementing initiatives, practices, and plans in collaboration with senior leadership to capitalize on opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Experience balancing strategic and financial implication with new innovation
- Possesses an extensive track record for change management, delivering cutting edge, technology-driven customer service and operational excellence
- Experience providing support for both web and mobile (including native app) experiences
- Strong track record of hiring and developing great talent across a broad spectrum of geographies; delivering superior results and developing a customer focused culture; develops a succession management plan; proactively coaches and mentors direct reports and other individuals.
- Develops and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals; builds diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational changes, goals, and priorities.
- Call center and vendor management experience is required. The ideal candidate will have experience selecting and managing call center relationships both domestically and internationally and be willing to travel abroad.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a thought leader in the Community space with a hunger for innovation