Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
We are looking for an experienced Sales VP to lead a fast-paced, highly-visible sales organization that generates revenues and exceeds organization, team and individual quotas. This leader will be responsible for creating and executing the Pluralsight Commercial sales strategy in alignment with Pluralsight's vision and values for a region in the United States. This leader will be required to recruit, hire, train and onboard top technology sales talent at scale while delivering a $20MM to $40MM annual revenue target. The sales strategy will require close alignment with our Product, Marketing, Account Development, Sales Operations, Finance and Legal teams.
This leader will need to demonstrate a proven track record of success in software sales using a value-driven sales approach. Ideal candidates will possess strong sales leadership experience, having sold software solutions to commercial and enterprise companies at the Director, VP and C level. Candidates must be sales practitioners and have significant and relevant experience in the following areas: prospecting, territory alignment, account mapping, account penetration, sales motion creation, close plans, negotiation, forecasting and ultimate delivery of the sales revenue target. This position will report to the Sr. VP of Commercial Sales.
Who you're committed to being:
- You are passionate about business impact; you are a business problem-solver.
- An amazing communicator and effective influencer. People trust and follow you.
- You use data, empathy and good judgement to approach business and people problems.
- You are an inquisitive, critical thinker who is always looking for how things can work better
- Persistent Problem-Solver- You know where we want to be and as the business changes, you find ways to create solutions along the way that get us closer to our ultimate goal
- Eye-on-the-prize kinda person- You love to win, just like the other Sales and Success teams you collaborate with.
- A natural project manager- You keep all the moving pieces organized and moving on time
What you'll own:
- You will be responsible for setting and executing Pluralsight's sales strategy for a given region and will assume responsibility for multiple sales teams to help drive complex deal transactions
- Revenue accountability will exceed $20MM annually
- Manage and take accountability for negotiated non-standard contractual terms and conditions
- Manage the performance of 3 to 5 Commercial Account Executive teams including: recruiting, hiring, training, and professional development of individual team members and leaders
- Support the targeting, planning, positioning, and execution of commercial opportunity development efforts as necessary to maximize the probability of success
- Lead the overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate annual growth in revenue and bookings for the region
- Work directly with the Senior Leadership team to shape strategies for driving sustainable business growth
- Maintain key customer relationships, develop and implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting to Senior Leadership
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Collaborate with senior leaders and other relevant stakeholders to create, implement and manage policies and procedures to effectively support the business
- Create and execute effective presentations, including corporate and solution capabilities, prospective client proposals, bid defense and business case/justification
- Support business development efforts by attending industry conferences and events
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in client and prospect meetings and engaging other corporate resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, on-boarding and training new Account Executives
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings & one-on-one reviews with direct reports
- Reporting on all aspects of the business to senior sales management
- Monitoring and tracking the sales activity at organization, team and individual levels
- Plan and execute marketing events in territory
- Strong communications, organizational and strategic thinking skills
- Run effective meetings and help create a culture of accountability
- Build effective communications via presentation, email, videoconference, face-to-face and other media
- Travel up to 50%
- Enthusiastic and creative team member with a proven history of generating commercial growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation and formal agreements
- Being able to expertly multi-task numerous sales tasks simultaneously, while ensuring revenue targets are met
- Strong communication, presentation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of relevant technology and platforms including web-based software applications and SaaS environments
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience in software sales and a minimum of 5 as a software sales leader or equivalent experience
- Have a demonstrable, successful track record of meeting and exceeding quota and revenue targets as an individual contributor and sales leader.
- Strong negotiation skills and proven experience of successfully selling to and closing $1,000,000+ contracts at the C-level; familiarity with SaaS solutions for technical education is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; in addition, must have the ability to synthesize complex business challenges and create clear solutions and messages for audiences at various levels of sophistication
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Proven track record of recruiting, training/developing and retaining high-performing sales talent
- Ability to listen, think logically, strategically, and tactically to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, demonstrating an ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously
- Successful track record of planning, executing and closing business from field events
- Strong operational and analytical abilities
- We're committed to a values-driven culture here at Pluralsight and our mission inspires everything we do