This position monitors, maintains and services an existing loanportfolio consisting of construction, interim, and permanent commercial real estate mortgages and initiates the cross selling of related products. In addition this position is responsible for new business development and the origination of new commercial real estate loans.
- Identifies business opportunities, develops existing customer base and initiates new client relationships to meet production, sales, and income goals.
- Structures, underwrites and presents loan requests in accordance with internal policies and procedures. Candidate should possess excellent analytical skills, both financial and real estate specific, to independently analyze, structure and monitor loans. Negotiates terms and loan structures with customers based on risk considerations and internal pricing parameters in an effective manner.
- Candidate should have extensive market knowledge, including the commercial real estate investor and developer community. Calls on customers, potential customers and referral sources independently. May be accompanied by management or senior staff members on calls on an as needed basis depending on customer or referral source needs and expectations.
- Monitors loanportfolio for early identification of potential problems and to ensure loans are risk rated properly.
- Develops and maintains extensive knowledge of products and services.
- Acts as a resource to junior Commercial Real Estate Loan Officers, Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts.
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 - 8years of relevant experience.
- Ability to cultivate and foster effective working relationships with prospective customers.
- Ability to acquire and maintain changing product information for all products supported.
- Extensive understanding of financial statements, earnings reports and performance indicators as well as key financial concepts related to banking.
- Excellent analytical skills are needed to underwrite, structure and monitor loans and identify business opportunities.
- Ability to handle critical situations using excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills and the ability to utilize all resources to provide innovative solutions to meet customer and internal needs.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation skills are needed interact effectively with a wide range of customers.
- Excellent PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, internet and internal software.