The Vice President is a key player on deal teams, collaborating and generating solutions to current and perspective clients within sector markets. As a sector and deal structuring expert, the Vice President will actively manage business development opportunities and oversee ongoing monitoring of client portfolio performance to maximize penetration and return. The Vice President achieves various partnering efforts, including management of the team and client initiatives, to ensure successful deals.
Business Development and Delivery 25%
Risk Management and Control 25%
Sales Support and Partnership 25%
Management of Team and Team Workflow 25%
A. Business Development & Delivery
• Collaborate with coverage relationship partner to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
• Actively manage client solution opportunities within sector portfolios.
• Operate as key member of the deal team and lead preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
• Institute cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
• Provide deal structuring expertise.
• Negotiate transactions with clients.
• Maintain awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitate means of receiving continuous updates.
B. Client Performance Management
• Oversee documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
• Actively manage portfolio to maximize return and credit quality.
• Prepare/oversee preparation of concise, well reasoned credit correspondence.
• Obtain credit concurrence and coordinate pricing approval as client advocate.
C. Sales Support and Partnerships
• Maintain key ongoing contact with lending clients and sector relationship managers.
• Work with specialists as needed to support successful syndication and sales.
D. Management of Team and Team Workflow
• Effectively manage work flow of analysts and associates by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
• Lead team to success by capturing opportunities for ongoing mentoring, coaching, and career development of analysts and associates.
To deliver on these accountabilities, the incumbent must have the following authorities:
• Access to client information;
• Associated authorities for deal underwriting;
• Managerial authority to hire and deploy staff within existing team of direct reports;
• Authority to travel to various client sites and business meetings;
This role requires the incumbent to interact with the following processes and/or groups:
• Relationship Managers
• Business Executives
• Vice Presidents
• Managing Directors
• Executive Managing Directors
• Relationship Management Associates
• Regulatory Agencies
• Industry Experts
• Bank Participants
• Ancillary Investment and Corporate Banking Groups
• Lending Clients
• Credit Concurrence
SCOPE AND IMPACT
The work product directly impacts the growth initiatives within the Business Unit, client portfolios and any transaction for which the Vice President is involved.
• An undergraduatedegree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
• CPA or MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and business law.
• 6-10 years of relevant experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
• Minimum of 6 years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment developing business.
• Formal credit training and prior lending authority.
• Relevant Business Services Sector experience is highly desired.
• Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
• Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.