A. Business Development & Delivery
• Collaborate with coverage relationship partner to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
• Actively manage client solution opportunities within sector portfolios.
• Operate as key member of the deal team and lead preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
• Institute cross-selling initiatives to increase ranking with client.
• Provide deal structuring expertise.
• Negotiate transactions with clients.
• Maintain awareness of all firm products and services offered and facilitate means of receiving continuous updates.
B. Client Performance Management
• Oversee documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
• Actively manage portfolio to maximize return and credit quality.
• Prepare/oversee preparation of concise, well reasoned credit correspondence.
• Obtain credit concurrence and coordinate pricing approval as client advocate.
C. Sales Support and Partnerships
• Maintain key ongoing contact with lending clients and sector relationship managers.
• Work with specialists as needed to support successful syndication and sales.
D. Management of Team and Team Workflow
• Effectively manage work flow of analysts and associates by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
• Lead team to success by capturing opportunities for ongoing mentoring, coaching, and career development of analysts and associates.
To deliver on these accountabilities, the incumbent must have the following authorities:
• Access to client information;
• Associated authorities for deal underwriting;
• Managerial authority to hire and deploy staff within existing team of direct reports;
• Authority to travel to various client sites and business meetings;
Scope and Impact
The work product directly impacts the growth initiatives within the Business Unit, client portfolios and any transaction for which the Vice President is involved.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
• CPA or MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and business law.
• 6-10 years of relevant experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
• Minimum of 6 years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment developing business.
• Formal credit training and prior lending authority.
• Relevant Business Services Sector experience is highly desired.
• Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
• Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
• Excellent abilities in business development and cross-selling success.
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and cogent credit correspondence.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building.
• Ability to advocate persuasively.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
• Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Proven abilities in managerial and leadership skills.