This position resides in Citi Retail Services Collections Risk Management department. The successful candidate will be part of the Collections team and primarily responsible for examining alignment of policies, procedures and practices to improve execution strategies.
The Collections and Recovery Risk team’s mission is to help customers bring their accounts current or fairly resolve their debt. The Collections Risk team owns strategy and policy and partners closely with the Operations and Technology teams on implementation and execution.The candidate will also work on initiatives to improve the integration between policy and operations to address the expanding challenges and complexities of the interactions among our customers, risk processes, and policies. This position will work closely with Operations to identify critical pain points and develop policy solutions proactively. The job will require working with Legal, Compliance, Fair Lending & Policy Teams. Responsibilities and projects are complex and require considerable independent judgment and initiative as well as the use of analytical modeling, data analysis and business problem solving skills. This role requires an individual with several years of credit risk management experience, a depth of experience in collections decisioning and process management, extensive knowledge of industry-standard credit card infrastructure, a proactive leadership approach, and attention to detail. The successful candidate will bring significant experience in managing and influencing change management from ideation to execution across multiple functional areas, and proven effective project management skills for technical implementation as critical requirements to succeed in this role. The successful candidate must understand both the short- and long-term portfolio profit dynamics for risk across various products. It is critical to demonstrate effective leadership managing initiatives across cross-functional units in a matrix organization. The candidate must also understand card compliance and regulatory issues and may participate in audits and reviews.
- BA/BS degree in Quantitative Fields such as Economics, Engineering, Operations Research, Business Finance, or Mathematics (Master’s degreepreferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in credit card risk management or equivalent training and experience preferably in the financial services industry
- Ability to apply credit and risk principles toward business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Must be highly organized and able to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytic skills
- Extensive knowledge of SAS or SQL programming and literacy with MS Office software required