Our client, a prestigious financial services firm in Jersey City is seeking someone that can join the firm for a brand new need as a VP, Cloud Engineer with a focus on Azure OR AWS technologies. This role is completely hands on opportunity to enable this firm at a ground level within their implementation and tweaking of Azure (they also have AWS & they use VSphere, these are all hybrid cloud solutions).
This person should possess
- a BS in Computer Science or a STEM field
- Strong command of at least one programming / scriptinglanguage (PowerShell, Python, etc) and be able to write that code without assistance
- Experience with implementing infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with version control systems
- experience with designing and implementing IaaS and PaaS services in Azure OR AWS
- Configuration management / orchestration skills (Chef, Ansible, Salt, Terraform)
- Experience working in a Windows systems environment
- Experience with database systems (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, or NoSQL platforms)
- Knowledge of networking.