I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home is the nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
The Vice President, Clinical Practice and Quality, Home Health is a critical business partner and subject matter expert/liaison within a designated area. Achieves results through sound clinical and business decisions; effectively evaluates processes, care delivery and performance improvement activity; provides on-site education, professional development and support services; and ensures associates have the appropriate training and resources to successfully perform their jobs.
- Consults with regional/divisional/corporate staff and operational delivery/business contacts to identify solutions to location, area, region needs and concerns
- Develops and implements appropriate support plan to meet specific, identified objectives for support activities and responds to negative trends in performance metrics (clinical outcomes, field audit results, etc.) by assisting location managers in the development of action plans to resolve local issues
- Mentors and directs operations to ensure the provision of quality service is consistent with applicable standards of clinical practice, government laws / regulations and corporate policies, guidelines and standards
- Collaborates with operations management to assist in meeting their business and clinical objectives – supporting / maximizing current business activities, future growth and provision of quality patient care
- Mentors office management in understanding clinical aspects of the reimbursement process, (e.g., utilization management, focused medical reviews, denials, etc.) and provides education to improve documentation ensuring accurate reimbursement for services
- Provides direction regarding clinical process improvement methods and guides Associates in the implementation of new processes, procedures and methods
- Provides education and training on Company policy, clinical process and procedures for area and program operations management, program associates, and field clinicians in settings ranging from one-on-one sessions to group facilitation
- Provides expertise/consultation in answering questions from Administrative and Field Associates regarding policy/regulation/procedures/documentation/processes
- Interviews and evaluates candidates for Operations Management and Clinical Management positions, providing consultation with the candidate sponsor in making the hiring decision
- Facilitates implementation of Company initiatives, changes in policy/regulation/process/procedures
- Associate's degree in nursing or the equivalent. BSN preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of practice.
- Minimum of five years of multi-state Home Health Quality Management experience. Additional experience within Hospice is preferred.
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nursing Certification (CHPN) required within two (2) years of date of hire.
- Must be comfortable with an average of 40% overnight travel.