Benevity is actively searching for an experienced senior Customer Success leader to join our passionate and growing Client Success Management and Account Management team (~80 people). Client Success is a strategic pillar in the client experience, ensuring that clients are able to maximize the value and impact of their corporate purpose and goodness programs through their use of Benevity’s solutions. We strive to have all of our clients be RFOB’s (Raving Fans of Benevity), and this is a key metric of success in our business.
Benevity’s Client Success Management team is experienced, committed and focused on supporting the employee engagement and community investment programs of the world’s largest corporations. As the VP, Client Success Management, you will develop lasting relationships and guide clients on their goodness journey as a trusted advisor, while mentoring your team to do the same. You will report to the EVP, Client Success and be their trusted partner in defining client success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale.
In collaboration with the EVP, Client Success, you will be responsible for client success management strategy, activities and outcomes, including adoption, advocacy, retention, product expansion and renewals. You bring the experience to help set the direction for investment across the client ecosystem, including expansion opportunities, overall structural design and resource allocation. You will design organizational strategies in collaboration with your leadership team and provide meaningful mentorship and coaching to the broader team.
You have an enthusiastic business ethic, a service-oriented ethos, a keen understanding of the corporate social responsibility and/or customer success landscape, and the experience to forge strong connections with sophisticated clients. You enjoy motivating and leading people, helping them to grow in their ability to provide consultative support and leadership to Benevity’s clients. Ideally, you would be based out of Benevity’s Calgary or Toronto offices.
What you will do
- Inspire a culture of customer success across a diverse team of Client Success Managers and Account Directors, building passion and performance with an emphasis on proactively driving success, adoption and retention.
- Drive client success outcomes, including maintaining our industry-leading 99% client retention and 130% net retention rates, through higher product adoption, creating RFOB’s, and reducing churn risk.
- A leader of leaders - lead, manage and coach a passionate team of Client Success Management leaders, setting strategy and clear priorities, developing individual skills, removing roadblocks, negotiating for outcomes, and providing organizational support to ensure that the entire team is thriving.
- Define and lead strategic initiatives across Client Success, including the development of leadership dashboards, team and client performance across all segments.
- Design and implement leading processes to efficiently support clients of all sizes and touch points.
- Handle the overall responsibility for managing client relationships across the full client portfolio.
- Define metrics relevant to measuring Client Success Manager performance and client health - own client retention and satisfaction KPIs.
- Create a new Account Management function and define metrics relevant to measuring performance and expansion.
- Develop and foster executive level relationships with key strategic accounts.
- Serve as an ambassador for Benevity’s client experience, representing the organization at the highest levels to prospective partners and clients.
- Advocate for the client experience across Benevity, work with cross-functional teams to ensure that Client Success initiatives are visible and aligned with company goals, communicate product feedback and client sentiment to internal stakeholders.
What you bring
- A powerful client advocate – you feel a sense of empathy, responsibility and urgency when a client calls for help and communicate that urgency and need for high performance to the team;
- A minimum of 12-15+ years of SaaS account management or customer/client success experience, or equivalent industry experience, and proven success in growing existing accounts and relationships;
- Work experience in a SaaS environment is required;
- Passion for, and experience in, developing and leading high functioning teams, having led teams of 25+ with multiple layers of leadership;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to translate technical information into everyday terms;
- Problem solving and strategic thinking with a love of helping people; Outstanding project management skills, ability to work cross functionally and outside the organization, and have a track record of achieving the results expected;
- Ability to think like you are the client: you believe that your client’s success IS your success;
- You have a talent for solving sticky situations, creating consensus and turning clients into raving fans; Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions;
- A bias toward action / you love to dive in and get things done; Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency to ensure every client has a great experience with Benevity;
- Are a passionate coach for your high performing team – an outgoing people person who wants to build and grow a like-minded team, with the ability to consult and provide opinion, facilitate discussion and resolve conflict.
What you can expect:
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to join a mission-driven company on a growth trajectory in a unique, ultra-engaged culture.
- Join a team of innovative thinkers, keen to be part of a growing and well-funded company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving and other Goodness programs.
- Work in a fast-paced yet flexible environment for a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success and stunning colleagues.