The role, therefore, has a critical part to play in ensuring best business practice (e.g. transferring some experience in EMEA based on MIFID II compliance) given the focus of several regulatory bodies that scrutinise our control framework around LTA.
- Real-time monitoring of all algorithmic trading activities by Citi's traders and clients in NAM for signs of disorderly trading, limit breaches etc.
- Work with the Desk heads, Compliance and Risk functions to determine appropriate pre-trade limits, changing and periodic review of these limits
- Analyse and review historical traded data to estimate values at which pre-trade and post-trade controls are set
- Assess desk procedures and workflow (i.e. list of systems used, change & approval processes for pre-trade and post trade limits, documentation)
- Review kill switch activation procedures and escalation protocols
- Significant input into LTA