This role will lead a team of approximately 80 internal resources, supported by third parties that provide additional skills and capabilities as required. The applications and products developed and continuously improved by this team underpin all of AES' critical business functions and will provide a competitive advantage to AES in terms of operational efficiency, user experience, access to data and information, and flexibility to respond to changes in the business environment. AES is making a significant investment in its key products to support its business plans.
Strategy & Planning
• Lead technology and digital strategic and operational planning to support achievement of AES business goals through the efficient delivery of end to end services and the delivery of innovative and scalable solutions.
• Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of AES as a member of the senior management team, ensuring that technology plans are aligned with and support overall AES business plans and strategies. This includes key steering committees in the business and technology, such as information security and business planning for business unit areas.
• Provide strategic direction for technology functional operations that support integrated solutions, including infrastructure, network services, application, change delivery, as well as the overall process and governance framework that ensures end to end integration and excellent client experience.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate operating model that enables the technology and digital function to deliver on the needs of the business. This includes not only organization and processes, but also the key supplier sourcing arrangements essential for technology delivery.
• Partner with business leadership to understand the overall business strategy and ensure that services and innovative solutions support the plans.
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development. Assess and communicate risks associated with technology investments.
• Develop, track, and control the technology and digital annual operating and capital budgets.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives in coordination with the overall business investment portfolio.
Develop & Deliver
• Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the technology and digital project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems and services.
• Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating technology and digital systems. Operational Management
• Ensure continuous delivery and improvement of integrated technology and digital services, through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of technology and digital systems performance.
• Ensure technology and digital system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
• Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices – leveraging innovative technologies as appropriate for AES.
• Manage overall risks associated with the technology and digital business and ensure that delivery operates in compliance with the overall AES compliance framework.
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships between AES IT and external entities, including strategic suppliers and other third parties.
• Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all technology and digital staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.