The VP & Chief Procurement Officer - Indirect is responsible for $2B in planning, management and oversight of the Indirect Spend Corporate Procurement function in support of attaining organization wide goals and objectives. The primary functions of this role include developing, documenting and implementing procurement strategies and governance practices to execute non-drug procurement activities company-wide to maximize scale efficiencies and deliver effectiveness. Key owner of setting functional activities to support industry and supplier research, supplier diversity program, supplier selection process including the establishment of category councils, supplier performance management and governance (including Risk Based Supplier Management) , negotiation, and management of all corporate vendor contracts and maintenance of the corporate repository for vendor contracts. Responsible for purchasing and establishing an improved end to end source to pay (S2P) process. In addition, The VP & Chief Procurement Officer - Indirect will be responsible for ensuring that the procurement team meets cost reduction targets and leverages the capabilities of the supply market, in a strategic way, to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Proven ability to drive transformational change through effective stakeholder engagement and change management.
- Acting as strategic business partner to manage relationships at senior levels within the organization in order to leverage knowledge, spend and procurement effectiveness.
- Providing strategic oversight for the development of Corporate Procurement strategies.Includes oversight and monitoring of overall procurement performance and identification/implementation of continuous improvement.
- Develops and implements strategies to optimize contract negotiations and strategic relationships with suppliers.For key categories, this will include the establishment of cross-functional category councils to enhance our multi-year category roadmaps and improve our strategic supplier relationship.
- Develops, implements, and monitors goals that include cost savings and quality assurance and insures adherence to applicable policies, procedures and laws.
- Enhance the procurement capability by helping to develop and deliver processes, training, and procurement technology and knowledge management tools.This includes the successful implementation of a new Source to Pay Process with enhanced/integrated technology support.
- Communicates and educates stakeholders on procurement policies, practices and abilities to increase awareness and engagement.This shall include the establishment of new monthly reporting requirements to our internal clients.
- Develops annual operating plan and budget, and quarterly forecast updates.Improve linkages to our FP&A organization with respect to key savings initiatives and how to capture in our forecasting process.
- Continue to improve talent management strategies to develop organizational capability. Continue to build a strong pipeline of talent for the team.
- Education/Certification (required/desired):
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience (required/desired):
- 12+ years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading procurement function with a heavy emphasis in Operations & IT spending within a large organization.
- Experience negotiating contracts in excess of $100M
- Experience to include ten (10+) years managerial/supervisory responsibility.
The following competencies/behaviors will be expected for incumbents in this position:
Proven leader with a successful track that includes:
- Proven ability to drive transformational change via effective stakeholder engagement and change management rigor
- Provides executive leadership and guidance to the team to effectively develop and manage the procurement function across the company driving value and efficiency for the organization
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Manages complex stakeholder groups and effectively influence and impact organizational change for complex multi-layer, cross-functional organization. Motivates and influences others within organizational hierarchy and among differing cultures.
- Displays Executive Presence with strong inter-personal skills
- Manages change and ambiguity effectively including people management, development and coaching.
- Serves as Change Agent to drive and monitor effectiveness of changes across a complex, large-scale organization
- Supplier Relationship Management, Negotiation,Financial Expertise, and Supply Market Awareness
- Technical training and certification preferred from either National Association of Purchasing Managers/Institute for Supply Management (CPSM, CPM).
Job Id: REQ20008204