Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
VP, Business Manager, OEM
Role Purpose: Responsible for developing and implementing the Global OEM business strategy based on Corning goals. This includes developing account plans, driving design wins with customers, setting sales quotas and prioritizing opportunities across manufacturing and technology resources.
- Establishes strategic direction for the OEM business and manages overall OEM business performance.
- Manages the annual budget and holds overall responsibility for the OEM team’s success.
- Serves as primary communication link to the Extended Leadership Team (ELT). Represents the OEM team as the key internal and external contact for all messaging regarding the performance.
- Oversees all functions of the OEM market Commercial team (market development, marketing and sales), and dotted line include manufacturing/operations (e.g. cost, quality, inventory, etc.), technology (e.g. product improvement or new product development).
- Works with the OEM leadership team to develop and deploy the global OEM strategy.
- Creates the annual operating plan (AOP) for the OEM market. Works with business leaders to set detailed goals, objectives and plans to meet Corporate objectives.
- Manages all aspects and practices of the organization to optimize OEM market effectiveness. Responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making to attain desirable results.
- Responsible for building talent in the OEM team necessary to deliver the annual and strategic commitments
- Drives accountability across the OEM organization.
- Acts as an advisor to staff members and subordinates within the OEM team
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy.
- Help establish and proliferate OEM within COC plus preserve and expand the AFOP / OEM mindset.
Sales and Profit Achievement
- Revenue as % of target
- Sales growth (division and account plansales growth as % of target)
- Market share
- Cost to serve (cost of sales as % of revenue)
Account Management Effectiveness
- Customer retention (% key accounts retained year-over-year compared to target)
- New customer acquisition (number of new customers acquired as % of target)
- Salesforecasting accuracy (Corning sales as % of forecasted customer capacity)
- For key accounts: strategic achievement (achievement of strategic objectives as compared to plan)
- Expense Management (account budget spend as % of plan)
- Bench strength of Account team (% of succession plans populated with capable, mobile, and available candidates)
- Retention of high potentials and critical talent (retention as % of plan)
- Employee professional development (climate survey results related to employee professional development as % of plan)
Minimum Required (Musts):
- Masters in Optical Physics, Mechanical Engineering, similar graduate level education or equivalent
- 15years Proven OEM experience and 5 years of leadership experience, 5 years’ experience with optical components
- Demonstrated experience in managing groups
- Demonstrated experience in setting strategies and driving successful implementation
- Track record of driving growth businesses
- Excellent communication and demonstrated collaborative skills
- Have run a sales and business development organization
- Global OEM experience
- Successful track record of working in a matrixed organization
- PhD in optical components, Optical Physics, or other similar advanced studies.
- Bilingual Mandarin and English.
- Global experience (China experience a plus)
Req #: 3481