VP, Business Intelligence sets the strategy and vision for R/GA’s approach to transformative data opportunities. The individual selected will direct R/GA’s approach to solving client’s data-driven platform, business, and products and service needs. Her/His diverse responsibility includes management of the capability’s talent and operations, setting the vision and quality bar of its output, and representing it in all its forms internally and externally. S/he will manage a team of data science professionals globally, while ensuring that a data-driven culture is integrated within the fabric of all of R/GA’s offerings.
On a day-to-day basis, s/he collaborates with other business leaders, data scientists/marketing science analysts, and creatives to uncover clients’ data gaps, and understand clients’ data needs and opportunities in which data could help them achieve their business objectives. S/he determines how R/GA incorporates combinations of big and small data across the network, and partners with global R/GA leaders to embed data in our data science, technology, design, and creative competencies. Her/His curious and creative mind, coupled with analytical expertise, enables the delivery of highly creative work that is informed by deep quantitative insights.
- Shape the global data strategy and vision. Determine R/GA’s unique approach to help clients solve their need for data-driven platforms, business opportunities, and products/services.
- Work directly with clients to identify data-related business problems.
- Lead the development of R/GA’s data offerings and innovation approach
- Work with R/GA’s Global Chief Technology Officer to develop delivery capabilities, including including business intelligence, artificial intelligence/machine learning capability, and algorithm development.
- Identify marketing science/data science research needs, and drive methodology enhancements.
- Identify opportunities to apply advanced analytics and data science, including predictive analytics, business intelligence and cognitive computing solutions to client problems.
- Provide exceptional leadership, guidance and mentorship to the wider Data Science team. This includes identifying the right team structure, managing the team, and determining its ways of working.
- Analyze client data-scapes, understanding which parts matter based on industry, business model, and client business objectives.
- Uncover insights and understand how to connect disparate data sets.
- Exceptional listening skills, with an ability to ask the right questions and uncover hidden insights.
- Excellent client service abilities, including flawless presentation skills, from conception of a story or pitch to delivery in board rooms.
- Demonstrated humility, collaboration, and leadership skills, combined with optimism, and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to collaborate with strategists, consultants, creatives, and technologists, and ability to seamlessly integrate and draw from diverse skillsets.
- Proven team leadership and management experience, with the ability to inspire teams and enable team members’ career growth.