The Vice President Business Development and Mergers & Acquisitions will lead Honeywell SPS's strategy for inorganic growth through a process of effective origination and transactional activities that enable the identification, cultivation, engagement and close of acquisitions, investment targets and key alliance partnerships globally. The major objective of the role is tobuild and execute on a rich acquisition pipeline consistent with Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions' strategic plans. This is a high transparency role, reporting directly to the SPS President/CEO and matrixed to the global head of M&A, and is critical to the growth of SPS and Honeywell.
Most Meaningful Job Responsibilities:
- Identify targets which are strategically well-positioned to accelerate growth
- Team with executive leadership to build relationships with potential company targets
- Deliver on Honeywell goals and strategy
- Develop and screen potential transactions from internal and external "deal sources" and from strategic market and technical research.
- Provide thought leadership regarding "strategic fit" and consult on negotiation strategy and tactics with all proposed acquisition targets based on deep knowledge of targets and relationships built.
- Manage the presentation of the deal and communication to HON Executive Team
- Evaluate and communicate opportunities upstream through well-constructed reporting documents and white papers.
- Maintain and grow deal pipeline for the meaningful business segment(s) and attractive adjacent markets.
- Thinks creatively about markets and adjacencies in which HON plays and recommend attractive business areas where it can acquire an established business with similar or adjacent products which will accelerate SBG product offerings to customers.
- Identify markets with actionable entry points for the business segment and drive dialogue in a deliberate and consistent manner internally for new attractive adjacent market opportunities.
- Lead cultivation of acquisition targets within served and adjacent markets.
- Advise senior management of the relevant business segments and the Corporate Development/M&A group on investment opportunities
- Take leadership of executing due diligence, negotiation, and deal structuring
- Engage and liaise with Finance and Due Diligence advisors to coordinate due diligent efforts
- Work with business to develop model to underwrite transaction
- Oversight on integration and smooth transition post acquisition.
Partner with Honeywell Ventures:
- To identify, develop and influence where Honeywell will source and manage investments on a global basis and to engage in portfolio management of partner companies
- Work with the venture, academic and entrepreneur communities, and other corporations to identify and partner with early-stage, fast-growing companies to help accelerate their vision via unique access to Honeywell's global leadership, customer, channel and technology ecosystem.
- Drive approval cycle for all investment deals exceeding investment committee approval levels
Manage Business Development / Mergers & Acquisitions Team:
- Lead and manage BD/M&A team for SPS
- Attract, develop and empower a stellar team that exceeds performance expectations.
- This role typically requires 40-60% travel
You Must Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 15+ years of professional experience
- At least 10 years of M&A experience and at least 5 of which in a Corporate Merger & Acquisitions leadership role.
- Professional track record of outstanding performance in key executive positions.
- Significant M&A experience in transaction process including deal structuring, valuation, due diligence, negotiation and integration as well as a proven track record in full deal execution cycle from origination to closing.
- Ability to quickly assess pros and cons of a deal, know what strategic questions to ask throughout the process and know when to dig deeper for information
- Capacity to keep partners actively informed about deal activity while also, on short notice, rally requisite partners, functions and regions to engage quickly to assess proposed deals.
- MBA Degree from a reputed college
- Related industry specific experience
- Tactical thinker who demonstrate strong discernment judgment, leadership, and influencing skills to get deals done
- Ability to capably communicate / concisely convey complex information to executives
- Strong organization and project planning skills - able to balance multiple priorities with an orientation for developing processes
- Ability to independently resolve challenges and make well-informed decisions
- Personally accountable, passionate for winning
- Leads with passion, high energy and urgency
- Exhibit a collaborative/team approach
- Strong listening and collaboration skills
- Great communicator who builds win/win situations and is creative, analytical,and proactive