The Vice President of Business Development reporting to the Aircraft Segment President is responsible for strategic growth new business planning, pursuit capture planning, orders forecasting, market and competitive research, marketing communications, customer and partner relationship management, business case analysis, market and opportunity development, capture strategy, bid and proposal activities. Ideally, the Vice President of Business Development will have experience working in the US Defense and International Aircraft modification market and with hands-on experience in the developing strategies and solutions to include pricing to respond to Request for Proposals (RFP). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- BD experience in aviation markets, including defense, government agency, civilian and international arenas.
- Experience working with command senior leadership and other senior USAF positions is important.
- Working knowledge of US Government funding cycle and acquisition process (DOD, DOE, DOT, CBP…)
- Existing relationships with OEMs and resellers of commercial aircraft of all sizes.
- Ability to identify, pursue and capture niche markets for aircraft modification; expertise in assessments, price to win and market penetration strategies
- Achievement assigned program annual Operating Plan orders targets for new and follow-on business.
- Product/service introduction, market penetration and profitable business growth in targeted modernization and modification markets of interest, domestically and internationally.
- Exceptional customer relationships and ongoing customer loyalty towards the company's products and services.
- Management of the business development process, with special attention given to new opportunity identification, screening, forecasting, qualifying, pursuit and capture.
- Market research and business case analysis in support of strategic planning and opportunity capture.
- Effectively soliciting and communicating the company's customers' wants and needs to the division management and staff.
- Leading execution of major customer bid and proposal activities, including win strategy, competitive analysis, price to win, and creation of winning proposals.
- Training and development of a motivated, committed and professional business development staff.
- Collaboration with other company divisions to achieve synergy in customer solutions.
- Collaboration in a team environment with program managers and engineers to identify requirements and to define solutions for customers and to achieve overall Company goals and objectives.
- Guide and oversee strategy development to achieve 100 percent win rate on assigned incumbent programs.
- Guide strategies to deliver a high win rate on all new pursuits.
- Execute to the annual Division five year strategic plan to achieve double-digit growth.
- Oversee implementation of the assigned market development activities to support the division's growth strategies.
- Minimum (9) years experience leading other business development professionals, (12) years experience in business development, and (16) years relevant work experience working in both domestic and international markets.
- Working knowledge of DOD program environment; esp. FAR, ITAR, DSS requirements.
- Demonstrated history of identifying significant decisions makers in customer organizations, building a rapport, and influencing decisions.
- Broad base of customer experience working with the DOD, USAF, USN, US Army, Defense Prime Contractors and their international equivalents.
- Special consideration given to candidates with applicable experience in Aircraft Modification.