About the Opportunity
DMI is looking for Business Development Executive that is positioned to take DMI's World Class Mobility, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics and Overarching IT Services into new markets. As DMI continues its growth and expansion, we are looking for Business development Executives who has sold into these markets and have relationships with C-Level executives such as Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers.
The ideal candidate will have a background in one or more of the following areas, Managed Mobility Solutions, Big Data Analytics or Cyber Security along with established client relationships. The Business Development Executive will be focused on helping DMI promote its decade of systems integration experience to these new and expanding sectors. Solutions like Mobility Solutions, Big Data and Cyber Security will be your calling card to help secure new and growth accounts. DMI is looking for people who secure new agreements and foster the growth of our services while concurrently developing an enduring trusted relationship with these new clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently meet sales and profitability goals.
- Must generate new business with named accounts, Army, DISA, AHRC, PEO EIS, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corp.
- Close large, multi-year defense contracts(single award, IDIQ, BPA, GWAC etc) and task orders
- Establish Master Services Agreements and New Awards
- Manage and develop relationships with customers and provide a consultative sales approach that delivers the highest level of account management services.
- Position, configure and quote product and service solutions to clients.
- Participate in industry organizations
- Manage leads and opportunities through the companies Salesforce and other CRM tools.
- Accurately and consistently report sales forecasts and opportunity funnels
- Participate in creation, editing and closure of services proposals.
- Participate in field marketing to generate interest and provide information to the client prospect community to include driving attendance to such events and activities
- Represent DMI Operations Organizations to clients and be able to articulate our areas of expertise
- Set proper expectations and maintain open communication with clients and vendors through the lifecycle of the business development and sales process.
- Effectively leverage supporting resources in the sales process with the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Professionally develop and present sales presentations to large groups and executive level clients.
- Build an accurate and iterative RFP pipeline
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS Degree with no major specified.
- 15+ years experience closing multi-year defense contracts (single award, IDIQ, BPA, GWAC etc) and task orders at a large company
- Knowledge of the Army, DISA, AHRC, PEO EIS, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps is preferred in that order.
- Strong knowledge of sales compensation plans for developing and managing them.
- Proven track record of closing large, multi-year defense contracts(single award, IDIQ, BPA, GWAC etc) and task orders at a large company.
- Big 4 experience (Booz Allen, Accenture Federal etc) or Large Defense Contractor (Northrop, CSRA, GDIT, Lockheed etc)
- Expert at using SalesForce for sales management and reporting
- Experience working through small business as an entre’ to clients. Experience with joint ventures is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Shipley methods of proposal management.
Location: DMI HQ Bethesda, MD or Tysons Corner, VA
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.