Every day, we deliver innovative solutions at the forefront of fintech that help businesses better serve their customers, expand their business, protect themselves from fraud, and reimagine commerce. Formed in 2009 by powerhouse brands Bank of America and First Data, we’ve grown to process more than 16 billion transactions at approximately 529,000 merchant locations in 2017 alone. We’re a leader with deep expertise and momentum.
Bank of America Merchant Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
As a Business Banking Business Consultant, you’ll work with medium-sized businesses on an array of interesting challenges. Surrounded by some of the best talent in the industry, you’ll help clients improve their customer shopping and payment experiences, optimize their online search capabilities, protect customer data, implement customer loyalty programs, launch dynamic mobile solutions, and turn big data into big opportunities. You’ll have complete ownership of both new and existing client relationships within an assigned portfolio of businesses that have revenues between $5 million and $50 million. You will use a solution-based, consultative sales approach to reach designated revenue growth goals. And you’ll have a variety of innovative, strategic partners to call on for everything from referrals to technical expertise. Work with a brand that opens doors for you and is recognized as a leader in payments, eCommerce and security. With outstanding opportunities for career advancement, earning potential and work/life balance, there’s no better place to grow, learn and succeed than Bank of America Merchant Services. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of females, minorities, veterans and disabled.
- Achieve client retention, margin and cross sale goals within an existing client portfolio
- Proactively evaluate your clients’ business needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- Leverage an assigned prospect list to establish new client relationships, meet those clients’ needs, and grow revenue for Bank of America Merchant Services
- Measure success by portfolio revenue growth, cross sales and client satisfaction.
- Serve as a key resource to clients, using all of our relevant expertise and resources to deliver a positive experience.
- Understand the latest industry trends and effectively position our solutions and services to drive cross-sales opportunities.
- Influence and guide decision making within your clients’ organization.
- Develop routines that enable effective alignment, communication and collaboration with Bank of America Merchant Services’ partners, including Bank of America Treasury and Client teams and First Data technical/product experts.
- Own the resolution of issues, contract extensions and other important client matters.
- Knowledge and experience in payments, bankcard or related industry sales and consultation.
- Consultative mindset, with the ability to develop client and business strategies to maximize growth and development.
- Technologically savvy; comfortable with tablet and cloud-based solutions.
- Passion for continuously learning about and leveraging new technology.
- Strong prospecting and relationship building skills.
- Ability to close complex, high-profile deals and resolve client questions and concerns.
- Solution selling experiencepreferred.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain productive relationships with senior executives.
- Highly motivated to succeed in a performance-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Client-centric focus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision toward the achievement of personal and team goals.
- Strong communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Effective planning, prioritization and time management acumen.
- Outstanding sales/portfolio management, business development and negotiation abilities.
- Ability to multitask and change direction in fast-paced business environments
- Ability to coach colleagues with less experience and/or knowledge, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Ability to quickly learn various sales applications.
- Works in varied environments involving sitting and standing. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile. Ability to utilize a tablet and telephone prolonged periods of time. Ability to visit and move around at client sites including the ability to maneuver in a variety of places. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that may weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs.
- At least 70% travelrequired to attend meeting with bank partners and clients. Travel could include air, train and/or car.
- Responsible for supporting regulatory requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and other Anti-Money Laundering laws, rules, and regulations.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, performance standards, measurements, skills or requirements associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require other or different tasks to be performed when circumstances change.