at Udacity (View all jobs)Mountain View, CA
Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtualreality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for a leader to build and drive our Brand team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
You should have a proven track record of driving results for high-profile brand. You will be expected to build and lead a world class brand marketing and communications organization.
- Take the strong Udacity brand and make it a mainstream name that reaches millions of aspiring learners around the world.
- Build and lead a Brand team to cover marcom, PR, brand marketing, product and partner marketing.
- In collaboration with the rest of the leadership and marketing team, help define the strategy for our student experiences and industry partners to grow and amplify our programs.
- Work closely with product and marketing leadership to make user-insights driven business decisions.
- Together with the growth marketing team, define and help tell the Udacity story for our target audiences and bring our story to the world.
- Scale the brand team to support global audiences across multiple markets.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The ideal candidate is a world-class marketing professional and business leader who has successfully built and led a multi-faceted brand, partner and product marketing, and marcom team.
- S/he should have 15+ years of marketing experience in highly competitive, consumer-facing, technical companies.
- Strategic, tactical, and willing to be hands-on in driving brand initiatives that balances the company’s mission and business priorities.
- Experience leading a team that is aligned with extremely cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. not only partnering with product, but can also work closely with our content, services, data teams).
- Demonstrated experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing team. Exhibits poise, composure and dynamism to motivate and instill confidence among the rest of the executives, team and company.
- Data-driven and up-to-speed on best practices in the industry.
- Action-oriented and has an own the outcome mindset, applied at scale and through workingwith others. Relentless in prioritization of goals, strategies and individual tasks. Should create a culture of pride in strong execution, timely and quality delivery.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.