As the VP of Brand & Product Design at Slickdeals, you will help our community of shoppers find the best products, at the best merchants, at the lowest prices every time they shop. You will oversee building Slickdeals’ brand strategy, supporting content strategy, and partnership marketing as well as leading the design systems that guide our visual and product identity. This leader will clearly and inspirationally evolve the brand and ensure anyone working at Slickdeals understands how their role fits into designing products, services, and experiences. You will also bring our brand and content strategy to life at all levels of the company by painting a clear brand vision and educating our employees to what our brand is, what it stands for, and how it shows up in their work on a daily basis.
- Responsible for overarching, integrated brand strategy across all products and campaigns.
- Ensures all plans deliver awareness, impact and engagement towards the Slickdeals customer to achieve overarching objective.
- Sets the go-to-market brand strategy for B2B and B2C and have built scalable practices in creative/content marketing and communications.
- Takes a systematic approach to work, defining measurable goals and objectives for each project.
- Uses data to drive decisions, knowing what to identify as KPIs and subsequently raises to executives what is relevant.
People Management & Leadership
- Exceptional at leading a team, empowering the team and making their success a top priority.
- Coaches, mentors, and develops individuals.
- Track record of building diverse teams of product designers, brand marketing designers, and copy writers, leading them to do exceptionally inspired work.
- Empathetic leader that builds team cultures that are creatively vibrant, where individuals feel safe taking risk, and challenging themselves and their teammate
Drive for Results
- Creates plans to drive customer activation, engagement, retention and loyalty.
- Develops and executes new marketing programs.
- Builds a brand strategy to increase visibility and drive business across all platforms.
- Builds multi-dimensional brands that show up in relevant and authentic ways across touchpoints in a customer journey, in various channels and mediums.
- Ability to identify stories that are worth telling and you know the most effective medium to tell them with.
- Strong portfolio of work that shows an ability to flex your skills for different brand tones and for different audiences.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Works cross-functionally with the executive leadership team and other departments to ensure consistent messaging and alignment.
Deals with Ambiguity
- Thrives in unstructured fast paced, high growth environment.
- You love framing and solving hard problems.
- A thought leader in your field.
- Adamant about ensuring design quality while fulfilling business objectives and goals.
- Extensive portfolio of excellent design work, showcasing your proven track record of shipping successful, polished products.
- A strong point of view on how to build a great product design team.
- Proven experience managing a high-functioning product design team.
- Opportunity seeking and creating.
- Familiarity with multivariate testing and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Highly self-directed and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated improvement on KPIs via product releases.
- Experience building and leading a product design team.
- Experience establishing a design system.
- Experience designing e-commerce and community products is strongly desired.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Understanding of project management methodologies; Agile, Lean, Scrum.
- Comfortable communicating design concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience using project delivery software and ticketing systems such as JIRA.
- Experience using insights, reporting, and analytics tools like Google Analytics,
- Amplitude, Tableau, and Hotjar.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.