This newly created leadership role, Global Head of Applied Advanced Analytics, reporting to the Global Head of PHC in Product Development will lead efforts to bring fit-for-purpose, modern advanced analytic approaches, including machine learning, to enable insight generation and innovation from meaningful data at scale across the entire Roche Group. This leader will work in concert with internal partners in Product Development, the Research and Early Development (gRED, pRED) organizations, Roche diagnostics, Pharma Partnering and Information Technology while also forging key external partnerships to access and enable the use of advanced analytics to transform drug development, patient access, and personalized patient care.
- Lead the newly formed Applied Advanced Analytics function within the Personalized Healthcare group in Global Product Development, developing and driving an emerging and transformative capability of the company focused on innovative and fit-for-purpose Advanced Analytics technologies.
- Drive the development of a visionary Advanced Analytics strategy in alignment with PD functions, Research and Early Development organizations, Global Product Strategy, and Diagnostics, to coordinate and guide enterprise activities leveraging Advanced Analytics.
- Build a focused, nimble team specializing in Applied Advanced Analytics to collaborate with Roche’s network of internal Advanced Analytics experts and practitioners to achieve exponential value in a highly matrixed, multi-cultural global organization.
- Align and mobilize PHC resources along with internal and external strategic partners to build key capabilities and infrastructure including the potential acquisition of new data sources and technologies to accelerate implementation of PHC.
- Identify opportunities and establish strategic partnerships with leading companies and institutions to evolve partnerships and collaborations to enable insight generation from meaningful data at scale datasets, including high dimensionality diagnostics, imaging data, and digital health approaches.
- Regularly assess and communicate performance and results to ensure an adaptive strategy.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven ability to lead innovation and significant change in a leading academic institution or the pharmaceutical, biotech, tech or diagnostics industry to generate value through application and analysis of complex multi-dimensional datasets (structured, unstructured) through advanced analytics
- Recognized quantitative sciences and machine learning thought leader in one or more areas relevant to personalized medicine, e.g. advanced analytical methods (e.g., deep learning, sparse modelling, natural language processing), ”big data”, genomics, image analysis, digital health data analysis. The ideal candidate is a recognized leader at the confluence of technology and science/medicine.
- Ability to lead, motivate, inspire and develop diverse, cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed, multi-cultural global environment
- A critical thinker with the ability to analyze possibilities and solutions and make pragmatic trade-offs, as well as a “big picture” innovator who can recognize possibilities and lead creative organizations;
- Entrepreneurial, venture capital, management consulting, business development or similar network thinking experience.
- Agile Leader: demonstrated results in providing strategic vision and leading across geographies to optimize the function’s performance and contribution. Proven ability to innovate, manage ambiguity and derive actionable insights from complex data.
- Collaborative: highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills that enable business results through skillful collaboration with others both internally and externally.
- Achieving Results: aligns organizational objectives and resources to accomplish strategic objectives and financial results.
- Passionate and Decisive Leadership: demonstrates energy, passion, courage, vision and the drive to be at the forefront of a changing and competitive environment for the benefit of patients, our people and the business. Demonstrated competence in thinking strategically, analytically and innovatively. Able to quickly and creatively analyze and provide solutions to complex challenges.
- Commitment to people development: proven compassionate and patient mentor who leverages strengths and addresses areas of development in team members, enabling broad scaling of impact and promotion of a culture of trust and support.
- Strong and Influential Communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, patient advocacy groups, payors, regulatory bodies, and academic institutions.
- English language fluency both written and oral.
Job ID: 00455042