Vice President Application Development
New York, NY
Full Time/Perm/Direct Hire
Salary Range- 165,000 to 175,000
The role will include database administration, writing technical specifications, providing technical guidance, and code review while managing the activities and software deliveries of a web and application development team of six. Activity will be closely aligned with the strategies and designs of VP Application Development/Chief Software Architect to achieve a holistic view of the company?s applications and services.
- Experienceworking with business owners to understand business objectives, recommend process changes and architect user requirements into technical solutions which are efficient and maintainable.
- Experience managing technical teams and projects.
- Experience designing web services and API?s in XML, JSON, SOAP and RESTful formats for use with business partners, internal systems and data warehouse platforms.
- Ability to design thoughtful user interfaces which meet functional requirements and are easy to learn and use.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
- Ability to understand existing business processes from a technical perspective as well as investigate and troubleshoot operational issues in a time critical environment.
- Ability to link vision and strategy with overall business objectives and communicate rationale in a compelling, concise manner.
- Ability and willingness to be hands on in software development and technical issues.
- Demonstrate a repertoire of skills such as scheduling, prioritizing, organizing, planning, problem solving, decision-making, financial savvy, and attention to detail, and follow through.
- Maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from company strategy to product development and planning.
- A validated progression of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and development manager.
- Self-motivated, standout colleague, action-and-results oriented.
- Well organized, exceptional communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels of management.
- Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Extraordinary leadership capability.
- 15+ years?experience, including at least 4years developing software and/or web applications in RPGLE on the AS400, iSeries and/or PowerX platforms.
College degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or closely related curriculums.
The interview process will start with a phone interview and then lead to an in-person interview.
The position is not a remote position. This person will have to work onsite.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $165,000.00 to $175,000.00 /year