Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 33 days ago
West’s team includes more than 2000 seasoned technology professionals that help to design, build, integrate, secure, and support our external West customers around the globe as well as our internal team. We help make connections for millions of customers.
Job OverviewThe VP of Infrastructure Architecture is accountable for proactively and holistically leading or supporting enterprise infrastructure related strategies and activities that create deliverables, guiding the direction and development for technological responses to disruptive forces and driving targeted business outcomes. Technologies in scope include data center, infrastructure, network, cloud, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) based technologies.
The focus of this role:
• Work with Enterprise Architecture peers (e.g., enterprise, business, information, infrastructure and security architects) to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the technology architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
• Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.• Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes and constraints• Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.• Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation).
• Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts, product teams and software engineers, and Enterprise Architecture peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.• Assist with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
• Oversee, or consult on, technology implementation and modification activities (for example, projects), particularly for new platforms / technologies. Consult on application development projects to harmonize systems with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise technical architecture (ETA) to accommodate immediate or future project needs.• Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.• Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of the enterprise technology architecture.
• Document necessary enterprise application / platform architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.• Define metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise technology value.• Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised, and help with the demand management process• Understand, advocate, and augment the business and IT strategies — and, more specifically, EA development and service delivery. Be prepared to "sell" the overall EA value proposition, its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication or marketing activities needed to ensure enterprise success and use.
• Report straight-line to the enterprise Chief Architect and dotted-line to the CTO / Head of Product Engineering.• Lead and manage a team of technical architects, while also virtually leveraging subject matter experts from any other needed technical area.• Collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
Required Experience, Education and Training
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience is required. Masters in a technical discipline preferred.• Minimum of five years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: application / platform design, application development, application programming interfaces (APIs), middleware, servers and storage, database management.• Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments.• Effective people leadership and team management.