Ajinomoto, a leading food technologies and life sciences company, recently integrated its anchor Contract Manufacturing Organizations, Althea and OmniChem, into one unified enterprise, Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services. We are currently seeking a Vice President and Global Head of Sales to lead the recently created global sale force. This senior leadership position is responsible for driving the transformation of the global sales function by building, managing and maintaining strong sales, client services, project management, and marketing teams directed toward growing Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services’ market share, brand awareness, revenue and profitability consistent with strategic business goals.
- Execute a global sales strategy, including forecasting and budgeting sales and bookings that drive corporate objectives and revenue growth expectations.
- Achieve a sales funnel with the ability to forecast and measure performance from lead generation through to close.
- Provide strong leadership and management of the global sales function, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times.
- Ability to foresee, interpret and rapidly respond to market changes by adjusting strategies and realigning priorities accordingly.
- Develops relationships with clients to understand key applications and generate customer driven product requirements.
- Manages Client Services team to ensure proposal alignment with sales and technical team.
- Leads global marketing team, providing strategic and tactical direction to support business objectives.
- Enhance C-level relationships with current and future clients, demonstrating business impact and ROI in a compelling and articulate manner.
- Provides detailed, comprehensive quotes on prospective sales orders with minimal editingrequired by other members of operational team. Sets pricing in conjunction with Finance and Operations
- Oversee marketing initiatives across all business units and maximize value and ROI of all lead generation, demand generation, content creation, digital media, and business development activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, marketing or other discipline; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience of progressively responsible sales management; preferably in biotech and/or pharmaceuticals fields and with Business to Business selling.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of leadership experience.
- Knowledge of the CMO industry (large and small molecule preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in business planning, sales, strategy development, compensation plans and strong financial management/ business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience with negotiating and closing technical contracts.
- Proven track record managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience within US, European and Asian markets.
- Excellent relationship and negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in the development /launching of products/services in the biotech and/or pharmaceuticals industry and management of the corresponding sales promotional/communication mix.
- Domestic and international travelrequired (approximately 50%).
- Directs and provides expert knowledge in the strategic function of Sales, Project Management, Client Services, and Marketing.
- Develops short and long-term people and organizational strategy in alignment with Althea/OmniChem’s goals and direction.
- Leads with impact & influence. Establishes credibility, effectively persuades and develops others, and achieves important objectives collaboratively.
Successful candidates must pass a background check and drug screen (US only) as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section.
Department Sales - 210