We are seeking a VP, Analytics to be located in Stamford, CT and report to our EVP, CFO and CTO. The ideal candidate will be the delivery leader for industry leading analytical and automation solutions implemented and deployed across the organization. This role will help build Nestle Waters North America's analytics organization to deliver data, analytics, and digitally engaging solutions to drive consumer, customer, operational, and financial focused insights focused on top and bottom line business value across the organization. The leader will collaborate with business and functional leaders, advance data governance, and help lead NWNA to become a truly insight driven organization. The role will also define and develop NWNA's ability to use data as a strategic asset and support analytics solutions that enhance organizational, strategic and operational planning, decision making and performance management.
Additionally, this role will need to have the ability to architect enterprise-wide data and analytics transformations with varying c-suite executives (CEO, CFO, Head of Sales, etc.) as the architect of new capabilities delivering business value.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
The VP, Analytics is first and foremost a leader within the department overseeing all activities of the data analytics and data warehousing departments. They lead initiatives relating to the optimization of existing departmental policies and leads initiatives that relate to individual department optimization leading to performance improvement across the business.
The VP, Analytics drives performance of analytics solutions to impact overall business results while keeping costs in check and ensuring the department remains within the planned budget. The VP, Analytics is also responsible for setting the departmental vision and culture and championing for the use of data in making key business decisions. The VP, Analytics is in charge of driving the day-to-day analytical approaches and exploring solutions to particular problems. They are also tasked with the management and long-term prioritization of the business's overall analytical needs and opportunities.
The VP, Analytics additionally defines the business questions that need to be answered and defines appropriate analytics models in addition to identifying and readying relevant data sources for analysis. In their leadership capacity, the VP, Analytics takes initiative in developing a training programs meant for improving the departmental heads' understanding of the use of data, which improves decision-making across the business. In this capacity, the VP, Analytics will also play a mentorship role to key data analytics and warehousing personnel, constantly honing their professional skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build out set of analytics services including new advanced analytics, cognitive AI/ML and robotics functionality to serve the enterprise
- Oversee the development of an enterprise data strategy including data lake implementation, enterprise data management and governance, reporting automation / simplification, data science, and next generation cognitive / analytics technologies
- Effectively manage the identification, sourcing, integration, and transformation of new external and existing data sets to be "fit for insight" (fast, granular, connected) across the enterprise
- Translate strategies and requirements from the business into analytics opportunities to be evaluated and prioritized
- Provide guidance to the data engineers, data scientists and other advanced analytics resources on solution design, development, delivery, and maintenance
- Maintain a fluent understanding of advancements in technology and innovations including cognitive technology and artificial intelligence
- Implement and execute structured decision-making. Act independently to determine best possible methods and solutions to increase the speed to glean an insight and speed to act on the insight in the business
- Define analytics led performance management models spanning multi-functions with direct/ indirect linkage to influence strategic and operational planning, along with decision making to become a data driven culture
- Articulate the value proposition and business case for analytics solutions as well as modernizing enterprise data and technology
- Interacts with senior level (C-suite, SVP, VP, etc.) clients and/or within Nestle Waters to gain acceptance new approaches (i.e. new operating models, use of analytics solutions and insights).
- Ability to architect enterprise-wide data and analytics transformations and change management with varying c-suite executives as the architect of business value.
- Provide technical expertise on analytics solution design, development and delivery to stakeholders and position EAS as a key business partner.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree statistics, actuarial science, quantitative field, economics, business mathematics or a related field – Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience leading enterprise insights, analytics and/or business intelligence teams.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience leading and implementing analytical solutions using variety commercial technologies and platforms.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders in advising on and delivering data analytics, information and technology solutions to meet their needs.
- Experience creating and managing an analytics organization.
- Experience and understanding of a variety of analytical processes including but not limited to data governance, quality and measurement.
- Experience building and managing teams of advanced data modelers, data architects, data scientists, etc.
- Experience consuming large data sets from multiple sources and implementing visualization capabilities leveraging mainstream, commercial software platforms.
- Experience exploring, implementing, and deploying advanced capabilities, including cognitive technology, ML/AI, automation, and digital user engagement techniques