- A Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Business Administration, or equivalent off setting experience.
- A minimum of ten years hospital operations experience in a similar size organization; multi-hospital system experience desirable
- Active involvement in state, regional and/or national hospital and healthcare organizations
- Membership in the American College of Healthcare Executives or other professional societies is desirable
- Broad business skills to include quality & safety, physician relations, strategic planning, operations, negotiations, financial acumen, corporate compliance, marketing and information technology
- Experience in understanding community and regional needs and appropriately responding to them
- Extensive knowledge of the key trends in hospital and health care
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory and accreditation rules and guidelines