SUMMARY OF POSITION:
NVE Experience Agency is seeking a VP of Accounts to counsel and strategically grow key clients, mentor and lead internal teams, and oversee the development of experiential marketing strategies, campaigns and projects and events. Candidate should have exceptional interpersonal communication, extensive team leadership experience, and project leadership skills with an aptitude towards strategic thinking, problem solving, process development and the ability to facilitate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
The VP of Accounts will lead an account services team to secure and grow key accounts and associated revenue in the agency while managing, mentoring, and coaching each team member. You will develop relationships with our key clients as a representative of the senior management team, with a focus on facilitating relationship growth and strategy development at the VP and C-Suite level. Internally, you will oversee and optimize client service and project management processes to ensure we are delivering exceptional client experiences and premiere marketing solutions agency-wide.
This role will report directly to NVE’s SVP of Account Services.
ROLE PRIORITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Client Counsel & Leadership:
- Nurture senior-level client relationships for key accounts, streamlining internal and external client communication throughout the campaign/project management process
- Develop and deepen client relationships and grow key accounts
- Account Growth & Brand Strategy:
- Guide and counsel leading brands within the NVE portfolio, with the primary focus on growing account business and associated revenue for the agency.
- Work with Account Directors to strategize growth plans and identify existing and future opportunities for key accounts.
- Oversee development and delivery of creative ideas that meet client objectives using a wide arsenal of experiential tactics including live events, social media, emerging technology, and strategic partnerships.
- Work with new business team and strategy teams to respond to RFPs and proactively identify ways to further engage and grow assigned accounts
- Participate in RFP brainstorms, offering creative ideas and approaches towards client requests and needs
- Team Leadership & Mentorship:
- Mentor, supervise, train and lead assigned account teams to success, ensuring talents and resources are both maximized and nurtured.
- Act as a more senior liaison between Production, Creative Services, Strategy departments and the Client to ensure all contracted deliverables are executed at the highest level and the client experience is nurtured and effectively managed through the full lifecycle of a project.
- Supervise and monitor assigned account team’s day-to-day activities internal/external weekly updates on project development and management, client meeting preparation, etc.
- Oversee the implementation of all necessary internal and external processes to ensure proper internal/external information and communication flow, adjusting and creating new processes as needed.
- Consistently motivate internal teams and actively promote innovation, new thinking and advancement of skills
- Department Operations:
- Work with SVP of Account Services to oversee and optimize strategic management and growth all department operations including but not limited to department staffing and recruitment strategies, process optimization and MSA system management
- Assist SVP in assigning new accounts to appropriate account teams
- Manage department P&L
- Assist SVP in preparation for all department-related meetings
ADDITIONAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms for tracking growth progress of assigned teams and accounts
- Establish cross-functional relationships with department counterparts and assist in overseeing the health of cross-department activities, relationships, processes and workflow
- Participate in corporate-level growth activities and committees as discussed with and/or assigned by SVP Attend and supervise critical internal/external meetings as needed
- 10+ years of experience in account leadership, campaign/event management/production, marketing, digital PR, and experiential
- Has extensive experience mentoring, managing and growing teams
- Has simultaneously managed 3+ direct reports simultaneously (manager-level and above) and teams of 6+
- Familiarity with developing integrated campaigns that include paid, earned, social, and owned media for brands.
- Proven track record of client leadership and account/revenue growth
- Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated experience successfully leading and converting new business opportunities, understanding all stages of the new business process, and successfully scaling teams and business operations to support growth
- Experience in an agency environment; must be process-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent people manager with ability to recruit and retain high functioning employees; naturally driven to inspire, motivate, and mentor
- Viewed as a strong, respected and inspiring leader by current leadership, peers, clients, and direct reports
- Experience with management and oversight of complex client budgets
- Ability to write effectively, persuasively and professionally
- Confidence in verbal and written communication with excellent presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Willingness to work extended hours and on weekends when necessary
- Proven ability to weave brands into popular culture
- Located in Los Angeles or New York
- Experience with virtual events, content production and interactive
- Highly connected within various industries and with key decision makers at Fortune 500 brands
- Located in Los Angeles