VP Accounting / Controller
Looking for a great and collaborative VP Accounting executive who has experience in the Technology and Software Industry who wants to GO Beyond the Accounting, closing the books and ensuring accurate numbers. Build a strong internal control structure in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. A self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, this individual will have a strong technical accounting background and will be a CPAwith significant experience in the SaaS or software industry. Responsible for accounting operations, GAAP compliance, internal reporting, external reporting, and internal controls, this individual will also be heavily involved with managing the external audit relationship. This individual will also be involved with various ad hoc analyses of critical business issues for senior management. This position will report to the CFO and will initially have a team of about 20 professionals.
The KEY AREAS of Responsibility:
- This person will oversee all accounting and financial, statutory and investment reporting for the company.
- Responsible company-wide accounting policy, including new pronouncements that affect investment and reinsurance accounting.
- Will be the right hand to the CFO for all M&A activities, providing guidance on technical accounting and implementation.
- Lead, grow and develop a team of approximately 25 people with3 direct reports.
- Evaluate and re-engineer accounting processes, making improvements through the accounting organization and drive a continuous improvement mindset
- Develop your team to BE the technical experts for the company
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Serve as a strong leader and mentor for the accounting organization.
- Represent the Accounting organization and its cross departmental efforts with elegance and poise while cultivating a culture of “enabling” the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate reported results and forecasts, and provide management with timely financial information for effective strategic decision making.
- Manage all presentation matters for the Audit Committee.
- Oversees all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance withinternal policies.
- Responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Supports the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and othertax projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international tax rules and regulations.
- Establish / refine, monitor and enforce appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures, and lead SOX compliance efforts.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, GAAP and other compliance issues.
- Supportinternational expansion, and oversee accounting and payroll for international subsidiaries.
- Supervise, train, develop and mentor accounting staff.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis preferred
- Expert level knowledge in accounting rules and regulations and in the application of those rules and regulations to a wide range of business activities.
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP, and have strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience
- 5+ years of Accounting and Finance experience inside a public company, software/SaaSexperiencepreferred.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
As a key executive, you will play an active role throughout the company as a business partner, thought leader as Accounting is much more than ‘accurate financials and closing the books.’
If you want to partner with leadership to be a CHANGE AGENT, attract and develop top talent, and implement new ideas that will strategically help grow the business, this role is for you.
- Bachelors in Accounting
- Masters would be a BIG win
- 15+ Years Progressive experience
- 5+ Public Accounting Experience in Audit/Advisory and/or Tax
- 8+ Years Software Services experience
Relo package included with healthy comp package