The VP Account Management is responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing sales strategies supporting assigned credit unions and is ultimately responsible for selling PSCU product and service offerings and negotiating contracts. You will also identify strategic opportunities, participate in strategic planning, and take broad perspective delivering relevant payment, card, and ecommerce industry expertise.
This position can be remote or located in one or our office locations.
- Create, manage, motivate and train relationship team that proactively consults and represents PSCU for all products and solutions with Executives at assigned credit unions
- Develop, maintain, and execute sales strategies that achieve sales quotas and targets for PSCU products and services; Assist in negotiation of contracts with client and internally, as needed
- Review client and industry landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing our business; Develop sales and service goals, objectives and revenue forecasts related to assigned accounts with full accountability for all results
- Develop, solidify and maintain strong account relationships that result in highest client loyalty scores as reflected in periodic surveys; Serve as primary PSCU management point of contact for credit union on ongoing strategic initiatives and escalated issues; Coach account teams on identifying strategic opportunities while using consultative sales approach that ensures client business objectives are met and that payment portfolio performance metrics are maximized
- Identify opportunities and assist in development and execution of strategies and account plans that support client to increase sales volume, market share, and achieve/exceed defined product and corporate objectives; Consult and advise clients on how to maximize their return on assets and, in turn, revenue to PSCU
- Deliver consultative support and coach team on how to identify, dimension, and solve for multifaceted business issues across credit union's enterprise business as related to PSCU products/services
- Monitor and communicate value of PSCU solutions to credit union Executives and demonstrate value of PSCU relationship and overall partnership; Influence company strategic planning and policy formulation by providing continuous market feedback and participation in company/divisional planning process
- Maintain viable, marketable product lines for PSCU and evaluate new market opportunities and influence development of new products and programs to meet client needs
- Create and deliver comprehensive presentations and strategic recommendations to senior level executives for growing and improving client portfolio performance; Provide guidance to clients with respect to selling their credit card portfolios, and assist in facilitating sales in conjunction with our external partners
- Develop, formalize and implement sales activities with clients, leveraging Business Development Support team for product knowledge, depth, and strategy
- Develop, administer and manage regional Account Management Plan and Budget to ensure allocation of financial resources to effectively carry out responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and implement client credit union marketing and operational forums
- Analyze the voice of the customer (VOC)/periodic surveys, define, and manage specific performance metrics that are critical to quality (CTQ) – meet the critical needs of the client
- Represent PSCU at client sales meetings, client visits, Annual Forum, trade shows, industry events, and card association functions
- Be a spokesperson to strengthen PSCU employees' understanding of the client perceptions and needs. Disseminate survey/research results to PSCU employees to provide a better understanding of how their roles impact the client relationship
- Provide direction and leadership to staff; guide and coach staff in completion of day-to-day responsibilities and ensure established policies and procedures are followed
- Handle interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, compensation, counseling and termination of staff
- Develop and maintain all subordinate personnel by applying necessary training and leadership to allow internal growth and advancement
- Direct staff, to ensure that duties are performed according to departmental performance standards
- Develop and implement methods to keep staff continuously informed on crucial topics, such as: industry trends, evolving products, legal/compliance issues, competitor intelligence and strategic initiatives of PSCU and its strategic partners
- Ten (10) years card industry and/or ecommerce related experience required
- Ten (10) years in banking or credit union industry required
- Ten (10) years supervisory experience required
- Ten (10) years sales/marketing experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion and Trust
- Ability to create, build and maintain relationships with senior level executives of assigned credit unions and with management at all levels within PSCU
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats with individuals or groups and give presentations up to Senior Executive level utilizing various audio/visual support aids
- Demonstrated ability to visualize the big picture, allocate appropriate resources, and to motivate work teams to establish goals and objectives and achieve superior results
- Possess strong leadership and problem solving skills and have the ability to negotiate with and influence others across all organizational levels; ability to influence senior level executives to make appropriate business and investment decisions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent reasoning and analytical skills, with ability to develop detailed presentations
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions and interact effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, credit unions and vendors
- Proficiency in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet computer software applications
- Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
- Ability to recognize unique differences in the management culture of each credit union and customize specific recommendations designed to improve portfolio performance
Our corporate value statements represent PSCU's commitment to providing the highest quality service to our member-owners. By practicing these values, we continue to meet the challenge of being a leading service provider in the credit union industry.
- Service Excellence - Exceeding expectations in every interaction.
- Passion - Boundless enthusiasm to be THE best.
- Leadership - Engaging, influencing, and inspiring others to accomplish our mission.
- Trust - Keeping the promises you make to others, and to yourself.
- Innovation - The relentless pursuit of better ways.