Deliver impactful and measurable work that drives towards clients’ business objectives by being an ambassador between the agency and our clients. Represent the agency’s interests to the client. Act as a representative for the customer’s interests. Deliver the power of the agency’s entire disciplinary expertise to the client, in order to provide solutions to the client’s needs – both stated and unstated. Challenge conventions. Inspire, surprise and delight.
Represent the client’s interests to the agency. Act as in-house product manager for the product/brand, with solid understanding of its attributes and market environment. Challenge the entire team to deliver our best work, as defined by the strategy, market opportunity and target’s needs
- Manages a body of work valued at ~$1 - $5 million in revenue.
- Leads strategy development for client business and provides senior leadership for the crossfunctional staff members on the agency team.
- Reviews agency outputs to ensure quality of delivery
- Provides independent thinking to clients to suggest new, unexplored solutions to client challenges – identifying new challenges/strategies to explore, as appropriate.
- Protects and grows agency revenue stream by demonstrating agency value consistently and proactively with client
- Supports ongoing strategic leadership at all levels of the client/agency relationship
- Maintains and grows client relationships on a senior level, building organic growth beyond existing engagement.
- Partners with client to grow their business through new ideas, utilizing additional agency and network resources.
- Manages client expectations
- Assists client in defining and articulating strategic and tactical programs.
- Actively solicits client feedback regarding agency performance, with strategic partners and leaders within the team.
- Manages efforts among departments to ensure a seamless presentation to the client.
- Regularly works to increase visibility of team members from other agency disciplines with the client to demonstrate breadth of value of agency’s offering.
- Serves as a primary agency representative to current and prospective clients.
- Mediates internal and client issues as appropriate.
- Proactively solicits client feedback regarding agency performance and whether agency is meeting expectations.
Strategy and Planning.
- Leads client in development of strategic objectives and plans, as well as tactical plans.
- Responsible for delivering plan and scope of work to client, representing agency’s POV on staffing needs to achieve SOW.
- Guides strategy on account and program level.
- Actively and regularly provides clients with insights and proactive recommendations, by defining problems and/or uncovering opportunities.
- Ensures major agency deliverables meet client’s strategy and are cohesive with client goals and objectives.
- Ensures deployment of analyses and tools as appropriate.
- Works with internal teams to develop learning agendas and other tactics that allow us to synthesize program results, research findings, segmentation data, competitive activity, etc., to understand impact of our work and identify marketing opportunities.
- Working with broader team members, including Marketing Intelligence staff, utilizes analytic financial principles to refine program strategy (e.g., ROI, allowable spend, etc.) as appropriate.
- Maintains overall knowledge in all agency disciplines, particularly in how they can be leveraged to help meet client objectives and strategies.
- Supervises and leads development and execution of account plans and ensures that the team stays within the approved plan.
- Plans and prioritizes account team work and assists in delegating responsibilities in conjunction with strategic partners and leaders within the team.
- Partners with other disciplines to hone agency workflow as necessary to meet challenges unique to the business.
- Ensures that principles of efficiency, economy and quality are utilized in all client work.
- Ensures quality control by reviewing critical agency products, including: creative work, financial analyses, key communications, key schedules, creative strategies and strategic decks.
- Manages day-to-day Account Management problem solving.
- Prepares conference reports for internal and client meetings, based on current CS department policy.
- Completes daily and weekly timesheets, as well as timesheet approvals, on indicated timelines outlined by CFO.
- Collaborates with project management to prepare annual client budget and to ensure budgets and forecasts are updated as needed.
- Demonstrates agency value and gains client buy-in of budgets/staff plans across all disciplines.
- Maintains overall agency billability on assigned accounts through strategic leadership and relationship building with senior-level clients.
- Works actively with other leaders and departments toward building organic growth of current clients.
- Alerts project management and CFO of any current or anticipated client revenue changes or any client relationship disparities and works to resolve such changes or disparities toward a financially positive and client-building solution.
- Notifies VP/Director, Human Resources whenever updates/changes have been made to staffing plans or open positions.
- Ensures each CS individual position is adequately funded.
- Produces and provides financialreports to justify CS recruiting and staffing resources to SVP/Group Account Director; SVP/Director, Client Services; and Human Resources.
- Exemplifies fiscal responsibility by adhering to agency and client expense management and staffing policies and procedures
Staff Development & Team Building.
- Fosters and promotes a team working environment.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training and evaluation of CS staff on businesses assigned.
- Supervises, mentors and trains junior CS team members reporting to them, identifying performance improvement areas and recommending training and development opportunities in an effort to develop staff expertise.
- Works on own performance evaluation by reviewing performance, identifying gaps and recommending training and development needs as necessary.
- Adheres to and enforces agency-wide policies, procedures and processes across the team.
- Works to develop CS team’s communication and strategy skills.
- Works with Human Resources to identify skill strengths and deficiencies in CS staff members and to create action plans to address skill sets
- Develops an awareness of new opportunities to grow clients’ business and generate agency revenue.
- Actively participates in Management Council and special task forces.
- Actively leads, attends and ensures participation of direct reports in agency-wide training programs when necessary.
- Assists in new business development and presentations as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of ten years of related advertising/marketing experience (either client or agency), or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired, 5 or more of those in the healthcare or pharmaceutical vertical.
- Five or more years of supervising and mentoring staff
- Proven track record in relationship marketing practice and building/retaining client business.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Internet environments and industry-standard software programs.
- Experience in leveraging relationship marketing strategies and techniques to develop multi-channel programs to deliver against client objectives.
- Superior communication skills, including but not limited to: writing long and short formats; presenting projects and thought leadership; and listening to clients and working associates
- Ability to illustrate strong presentation skills and high level of comfort in front of clients.
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance
- Ability to provide leadership across departments in a team and matrix environment.
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy, as well as assist a team in achieving the same.
- Solid reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance.