Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses ? Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life ? are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
The Territory Sales Manager is expected to grow sales on a broad base in new and existing accounts and through new and existing reps. Growth should come from a variety of individuals, sources, and accounts. Territory Sales Managers are expected to reside in the territory that they manage.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build a business plan that specifies the marketing, recruiting, and sales strategy for the territory so that growth goals are attained.
- Execute the specific activities that lead to the fulfillment of the business plan including: Sourcing, selection, contracting and development of Sales Managers candidates to identify and place new and replacement managers in areas identified in the business plan and areas that present opportunities and openings throughout the year.
- Completing the induction of new District Managers in accordance with the Colonial Life sales manager?s on-boarding programs.
- On-going coaching of District Managers to assist them in attaining their goals and to correct any shortfalls in results, to include conducting periodic reviews of results attained as prescribed by the Company.
- Schedule regular conference calls and meetings in which managers/reps are invited to participate.
- Creating marketing approaches to grow the territory and enhance District Managers' and Public Sector Managers' sales opportunities.
- Reporting on activities and results to field management and the Home Office as required.
- Commit to Professional Growth through attending Colonial Life College, taking correspondence courses, and pursuing advanced industry training.
- Effectively manage the Sales Office including Staff and budget.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated Success in a similar role with either Colonial Life or a comparable company required
- Demonstrated leadership skills required
- College degreepreferred
- Public speaking skills preferred
- Strong planning skills preferred
- Network of potential Manager, Rep, and Broker Candidates preferred
- Ability to travel extensively based on the needs of the territory.
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum and its family of businesses is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.