Our client provides voice and data equipment for small and midsize businesses. Their solutions include connectivity, VoIP, cloud communications, UC, IP networking, videoconferencing equipment, and more. They are hiring a VoIP Technician to install, troubleshoot, and repair high-quality voice and data equipment.
The VoIP Technicianwill work with the services team, other engineers, to strategize, repair and debug wireless and telecom hardware. This person will provide troubleshooting expertise for a range of equipment, with a special focus on unified communications.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus 2 weeks PTO, paid holidays, end of year bonus, company car, travel/gas reimbursement, medical, and other perks.
- Good work/life balance and flexible work hours – not on call24/7.
- Work-from-home available; don’t have to drive into the office every day.
- Strong commitment to employee safety.
- High potential for raises and career advancement as company continues to grow.
- Working for a company with no bureaucracy and great team culture.
- Average employee tenure of 11years.
- Opportunity to work on lots of different technologies.
- Very good customer satisfaction – average of 4.5 out of 5 ratings in whole region.
- Career advancement and employee continuing skill development opportunities.
- Company is debt-free and heavily invested in growing.
- Troubleshoot and repair VoIP and IP phone equipment. Test equipment according to industry performance standards.
- Install new voice and data equipment, including connectivity hardware, phone systems, VoIP equipment, and related equipment.
- Ensure that all equipment is correctly and to client specifications. Document all installations.
- Source parts and locate OEMs to provide specialized parts.
- Interact with customers to understand their hardware and connectivity needs. Pass on feedback to management.
- 5+ years of experience in troubleshooting, testing, and repairing telecom/wireless equipment.
- BSEE or equivalent hands-on industry experience.
- Proficiency with the voice/data technology:
- Ethernet cables
- VoIP equipment (handsets, headsets, IP phones)
- IP PBX
- SIP trunking
- Certifications are a plus (such as Avaya, Mitel, Polycom, Toshiba, Cisco, etc.).
- Knowledge of networkinfrastructure (cloud, telecom) is a strong plus.