What We Are Looking For:
The VoIP Network Engineer (Ribbon/Sonus) is a position that will involve design, development, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintenance of various tools and services that support Bandwidth's VoIP and nationwide CLEC network. This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skillsets ranging from IP networking, VoIP knowledge, software development, in depth troubleshooting, open-source tools, project organizing, and teamwork.
What You'll Do:
- Engineer, test, and implement unique and complex VoIP solutions across Bandwidth’s network.
- Test and upgrade new Ribbon application versions (SBC, PSX, EMS, SGX, and GSX) to patch software bugs, and to support the creation of new features/products.
- Set up and maintain VoIP software & hardware resources used for testing, training, and demonstrations.
- Conduct iterative testing of Voice over IP software and hardware components during development.
- Provide final escalation point for Bandwidth's NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for Bandwidth's Ribbon voice products.
- Work with our VOIP vendor Ribbon to resolve issues, discuss engineering new network solutions, and meeting weekly to discuss outstanding issues.
- Create methods and procedures (MOP) documentation for maintenances on Ribbon SBC, PSX, EMS, SGX, and GSX for new features and upgrades.
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers as a VoIP/Ribbon subject matter expert to help build automation around operational tasks.
- Work with Network Architects and Product Managers to test new Ribbon SBC, EMS, SGX, PSX, and GSX products and features in the VoIP and CLEC network.
- Provide training to Bandwidth’s NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for Ribbon voice over IP products and hardware.
What You Need:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with SIP/RTP.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working on Ribbon equipment (EMS, SBC, PSX, GSX, and SGX).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on 911 call flows.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and road mapping VoIP solutions.
- Must have experience implementing and troubleshooting VoIP Technologies and VoIP Equipment (Ribbon); Session Border Controllers; Linux and/or Unix environments; various protocols (TCP, UDP, SIP, RTP, DNS, SS7, ISUP); tracking and managing tasks/projects; Sipp, Spectra, and Asterisk.
- Travel required 5% of time to attend conferences
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership with shuttle service available for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, Bandwidthcares.