Voice/Video Network Engineer
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is in search of a highly qualified Voice/Video Network Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Designs and plans network communications systems.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for networkarchitecture and extensive troubleshooting and testing of videoconferencing audiovisual equipment (videoconferencing, multimedia, audiovisual, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphones, integrated A/V systems, streaming technologies, etc.).
- Manages and maintains Multimedia Streaming Systems and Video Teleconferencing (VTC) ranging from simple desktop to more complex integrated AV systems.
- Conducts cost/benefit analysis and provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Responsible for Enterprise Video Network installation, documentation, and enforcing system standards and maximizing Video Network performance by monitoring performance reports, and reading network problems and outages.
- Addresses and troubleshoots customer issues received via email or phone, as well as through monitoring tools, for videoconferencing endpoints, infrastructure, integrated A/V systems, and networks.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned companies in the United States. Employer Ownership means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other with respect. Every member of our team has a vested interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have the same goals – particularly in service to our nation’s War Fighters; providing, team-focused, mission-essential support in challenging environments. Being truly effective means pushing beyond basic requirements. We build skilled and committed teams of experts. We conduct our work with a sense of purpose; loyal to the mission, our clients, each other and to the long-term success of the company.
- Experience with network signaling protocols, including SIP, SIMPLE, H.320, H.323, H.264, VP8
- Experience with Cisco MCUs, Cisco VCS/E, ISDN Gatekeeper, and endpoint products
- Testing, configuration, and troubleshooting of IP and ISDN networks in support of videoconferencing and A/V equipment
- Familiarity with streaming video (uni-casting, multi-casting) and Video on Demand (VOD) technologies, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Strong IP network and ISDN troubleshooting, knowledge, and experiencepreferred which include Cisco CCNA, MPLS, and Quality of Services (QoS)
- Proficient with various VTC components including: Cisco, Tandberg, Polycom, and Lifesize
- Active SECRET security clearance required (TS/SCI preferred)
- BS Degreepreferred with 6-8years of experience
- Cisco Telepresence and networking engineering
- CCNA Collaboration
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- Crestron DMC-E-4K
- Extron XTP Systems Design Engineer