Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix has an opening for a Voice/Data Communications Engineer support a Combat Support Agency for the United States Military. Candidate will serve as a communications expert within the unit supported, maintain all communications equipment and support training events for the military unit and civilian personnel. This position is supporting an active team, so travel within and outside the United States for short and possible long durations is required
The selected candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support to the military unit for exercises, and operations in all operational and physical environments (air, land, and sea).
- Support requirements in planning, development, and assessment of equipment as required, meeting mission requirements in support of military unit.
- Integrating, installing, maintaining, supporting and repairing C5ISR systems solutions based on schematic layouts and building plans. Completing full integrations, de-installs, digital upgrades, and customer education.
- Performing connectivity with communication platforms: KU/X/KA band satellite systems, UHF/VHF radio, data systems, IP networking, mobile ad-hoc networking, mesh networking systems, tactical SATCOM, LMR systems, phone systems, and COP (Common Operational Picture) applications.
- Assemble Local Area Network and Wide Area Network (LAN + WAN) communications.
- Maintain secure and non-secure network operations on all levels to include TACLANEs, routers, servers, and switches.
- Maintain tactical military and satellite communications equipment.
- Maintain commercial radio systems, to include Motorola LMR.
- Support training for military and civilian personnel.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in communications connectivity with communication platforms: KU/X/KA band satellite systems, UHF/VHF radio, data systems, IP networking, mobile ad-hoc networking, mesh networking systems, tactical SATCOM, LMR systems, phone systems, and COP (Common Operational Picture) applications.
- Must have working knowledge of DISA DISN network services, architecture, configuration, certification processes and procedures, CISCO, LAN/WAN, fiber, POTS and NSA approved encryption devices (Taclan, KIV, KG, Cylink) equipment suite programming, deployment, and integration.
- Demonstrated expertise in oral and written communications to explain communication IP/RF networks and requirements.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret and update schematic drawings using both Visio and WireCAD.
- Must currently possess an active DoD Clearance at a minimum of a Secret level and be eligible/able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with complete integration of C5ISR systems, from equipment rack fabrication, full in-house testing, on-site installation, and personnel training.
- Experience with MS Office, Visio, AutoCAD, or other graphical design software.
- Must be able to travel on short notice, work non-standard hours and take on-call duty.
- Must complete Core Reception and Integration training for unit supported within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to execute worldwide travel in support of training, exercises, and operational support missions.
- Must be able to perform duties in all weather and climate conditions and be capable of carrying loads of up to 80 pounds over uneven terrain.
A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Information Technology Field and 6 years of SOF communications experience is required. In lieu of a degree, 10 years’ tactical military communications experience may be substituted.
Minimum of 4 years of experience coordinating with the training audience and developing realistic scenarios to facilitate training objectives.