TMR Inc. seeks a Voice/Data Communications Engineer (Journeyman) to support our client in Aberdeen MD.
- Serve as part of a team supporting 30+ VTC/SVTC systems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Requires you to work well within a team environment and be a self-starter. Setup, operation, troubleshoot issues & maintain video teleconferencing (VTC) equipment. Knowledge of audio and video equipment including microphones, connecting wires and cables, sound speakers and related electronic equipment for internal rehearsals & retirement ceremonies.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Responds and follows-up on customer support problems & troubleshooting of VTC equipment issues.
- Provide administrative support to include coordination, scheduling and maintaining Microsoft calendars for VTC/SVTC's.
- Work well under pressure and able to multitask efficiently.
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and clients.
- Associate's Degree and 5 years experience; or Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience; or Master's Degree and 1 year experience; or 5 years experience and 2 years specialized training; or 7 years experience.
- 1 year experience with computer technologies, including hardware, network, and software.
- Relevant experience includes operating a VTC suite, VTC gateway and teleconference bridges.
- Technical background includes an understanding of major video equipment, IP (H.320 and H.323). Familiarity with AMX & Crestron systems.
- Extensive use of business computer systems including Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Secret with SSBI clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain/maintain Top Secret clearance.