Five Rivers Services is an IT service provider supporting federal and Department of Defense customers around the world with full-spectrum communications, IT, multimedia, security, and training capabilities.
We are looking for individuals like you to be part of our talented team of professionals that does what it takes to assist our clients in meeting their mission!
FRS has a need for a Voice Communications Engineer located at USCENTCOM - MacDill AFB, Tampa.
Voice Communications Engineer provides current operations support, expertise for voice support, and liaison between USCENTCOM Components & JTFs; maintains situational awareness of USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) network performance; assists Components and JTFs with operational issues; maintains network diagrams; and assists with NETOPS reporting. The successful candidate must be a team player; be willing to work outside of normal business hours (night/weekends) in a 24/7 365 day Network Operations Center.
This position works in a 24/7 Network Operations Center covered by 3 shifts with 2 people on each shift. Candidates need to be willing to work nights and weekends and their days' off can change depending on employees' needs, but generally one person will have off Fridays & Saturdays and one person will have Sunday and Monday's off.
Shifts are rotated every 4 months, so within a one year period, an employee can expect to work 4 months one ach shift (Days, Swings and Mids).
The new Candidate will in-process and train for a week or two on dayshift and from there move to either Swings or Mids.
- Perform daily current operations of USCENTCOM AOR voice networks (DSN, DRSN, VOIP)
- Maintain situational awareness of AOR voice networks and performs proactive network element status and health checks
- Maintain situational awareness of Theater Tier 1 SATCOM & Transmission network issues and performance
- Upon receipt of escalated network trouble conditions, implement network recovery procedures to isolate specific trouble source
- Create, update, and close trouble ticket issuing the Remedy ITSM ticketing system
- Monitor Problem and Incident tickets to ensure timely resolution.
- Advise Watch Officers and Battle Captains on the status and performance of the theater voice architecture and recommend courses of action if required
- Assist components and JTFs with troubleshooting
- Perform other actions and functions as required by customer to support mission requirements
- Maintain Voice circuit / network diagrams
- Ensure commercial connectivity is functioning properly
- Remain available on an on-call basis at government request for any escalated issues or engineering support requests
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain SCI upon hire required POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- COMP TIA Security+ certification
- Experience in Voice over IP (VOIP) systems such as CISCO Call Managers
- Experience in the following Specific TDM Switching platforms: DMS-100/200; SL-100; CX-1000 and REDCOM IGX/HGX
- Experience supporting customers' needs in large, medium, and small-scale operational environments and use all available resources
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and deliver requirements on short deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products such as Outlook, Word, Excel,and PowerPoint
- Possible required travel to the CENTCOM AOR to sustain NOC operations (COOP only travel)
- ITIL v3Foundations Certification
- Network+ Certification
- CCNA Certification
- IP infrastructure experience with routers and switches
- IP troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) and Circuit Switching systems such as:
- End Office Switches
- Multifunction Switches
- Tandem Switches
- Small End Office Switches
- Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
- Remote Switching Units
- Knowledge of NETOPs and the USCENTCOM Area of Operations is preferred
- Previous work experience in one or more of the following: Network Operating Center (NOC) controller, Technical Control Facility technician, Satellite Communications technician, or Circuit Actions technician
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management tools such as Remedy
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.