As a Virtualization Engineer, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Enterprise Systems and Services (PD ALTESS) Information Technology Services and Support (ILSS) contract. PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers, and millions of users worldwide. The missions supported are varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy and support virtual technologies at the network, server, and storage level that can support robust enterprise customer solutions.
- Create virtual machine (VM) templates secured to STIG and IA requirements, and deploy VMs to meet specified requirements.
- Deploy and support virtualization monitoring and management tools to provide a common operational picture of the virtual hosting environment.
- Monitor capacity requirements to ensure the virtual infrastructure is available and capable of supporting both existing and future load requirements.
- Perform operation and maintenance of the virtual infrastructure to include but not be limited to release management, upgrades / patches / change packages (enhancement / fixes), and problem reports.
- Create and maintain virtual infrastructure diagrams and administration documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure Virtual environment are secured according to STIG and Cyber Security requirements.
- Have a working knowledge of VMware vSphere virtualization product suite.
- Utilize IT services and solutions that save power, cooling, and space resources while lowering total cost of ownership (TCO) and increasing return on investment (ROI).
- Provide system operation and maintenance to include but not be limited to incidents, problems and changes to applications and systems. Ensure Cyber Security compliance via upgrades, patches and DISA STIGs,
- Monitor, maintain, and report on Network, Storage, Compute, and application / system performance. Execute performance tuning, troubleshooting and root cause analysis and benchmarking IAW established procedures.
- Provide basic and advanced systems administration services to include but not be limited to Tier 1, 2 and 3 support of Network Storage and Compute environments.
- Create and maintain documentation with updates to system configuration made completing required changes and fixes.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance of all system hardware, and software.
- Must be able to provide on-call support on-site and after-hour support on an emergency basis, 24x7x365.
- Clearance: Secret
- Education: BA 10-15
- Information Assurance Certification (required day one of contract): DoDI 8570 IAT II, one of the following or higher certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Computing environment certification: VCP or Server+ or or equivalent
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 10%