With over 50 years of combined legacy experience, everyday CSRA makes a difference in how the government serves our country and our citizens. We are a body of 19,000+ smart and talented individuals inspired by the important missions of our customers, and we believe that by working together we can deliver exceptional solutions and services to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation! Together, we are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking made real today. Think Next. Now. Tomorrow’s promises, delivered today.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC Enterprise network provides its engineers with access to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies in the network field. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Engineers are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements - not managing day to day, same technology operations.
CSRA seeks a VMware Systems Engineer for the FDIC Infrastructure team. U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. (Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed.) Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Subject Matter Expert capable to articulate expertly solutions through written or verbal methods.
- Be able to trouble shoot complex problems quickly and effectively.
- Configures and implements a suite of VMware virtualization technologies and concepts.
- Plan, design, implementation and maintain compute, storage and network infrastructure to support multiple Enterprise GEO-locations
- Define and implement comprehensive automation processes for VMware, including creating scripts for recurring system tasks and proactive monitoring.
- Develop and implement tactical and strategic plans for VMware environment
- Advanced PowerShell / PowerCLI scripting skills
- Performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of the VMware virtual infrastructure, including, but not limited to, vCenter Server Appliance, vRealize Operations Manager (vROps), vRealize Automation (vRA), vRealize Orchestrator (vRO), vRealize Business, ESXi, Update Manager and NSX.
- Providing configuration management and security compliance for the virtual infrastructure software and hardware
- Performing advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis to expedite incident resolution.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting VMware vSphere physical hardware and virtual machine performance
- Design and implement convergent technologies such as VMware VSAN
- Design and implement Virtual Desktop Infrastructure modules and tools such as VMWare Horizon View, Application Virtualization, and Stateless VDI
- Provides leadership and/or direction and/or supervision to lower level employees and teams
- Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in technical and business discussions with clients, teammates, vendors, partners and /or upper level managers
- Ability to manage and/or lead cross-functional teams for customer engagements
- Proven success oriented professional attitude
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BS or equivalent and nine years related experience, or MS and seven years related experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS and other Windows core services.
- Knowledge and experience with designing, deploying and maintaining HPE DL / BL / c7000 computational resources
- Knowledge and experience with HPE One View management platform
It would be great if you also had:
- VCP 5/6 Certification or higher
- ITIL® Foundation Level Certification.
- CompTIA Security+, VCP6-CMA, VCP6-NV e), Familiarity with Enterprise IT environments, tools, data management policies and architectures, and organizations.
- Experience with IT service management best practices.