The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
CSRA is seeking a VMware system administrator. US Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current cleanfinancial background. Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role also acts as Tier 3 support for operations and can require at times support on weekends, nights, and holidays.
Must have 5+ years VMware ESXi 5.x
- Hands on experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins
- VM performance monitoring and analysis via VROp's
- Understanding of server architectures, hardware, RAID - Knowledge of HA computing and networking (eg. Microsoft Clustering, load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Understanding of application & OS security, including virus scan management and patching
- Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting
- Must have demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
-VMware or other similar certification
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for escalations to management for any outages
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system virtual environment, and systems patching.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible
- Create and Maintain SOP’s
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
- Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; well spoken
- Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance & deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately- Provide daily administration of workstations and servers in a fully virtualized environment
- Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.