Industry: IT Consulting/Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 368 days ago
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails.
CSRA provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. CSRA supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
CSRA is seeking a VMware system administrator. US Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current cleanfinancial background. Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role also acts as Tier 3 support for operations and can require at times support on weekends, nights, and holidays.
Must have 5+ years VMware ESXi 5.x
- Hands on experience with vSphere Thin Provisioning, Resource Pools, Host Profiles, and 3rd party plug-ins
- VM performance monitoring and analysis via VROp's
- Understanding of server architectures, hardware, RAID - Knowledge of HA computing and networking (eg. Microsoft Clustering, load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Understanding of application & OS security, including virus scan management and patching
- Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting
- Must have demonstrated problem analysis and resolution skills
-VMware or other similar certification
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for escalations to management for any outages
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system virtual environment, and systems patching.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configuration hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standard and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible
- Create and Maintain SOP’s
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks efficiently for on-time delivery
- Self-motivated; proactive; a team player; well spoken
- Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance & deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems
- Work ticket queues and document resolutions completely and accurately- Provide daily administration of workstations and servers in a fully virtualized environment
- Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.